Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Is the Firefox CD legally copyable?

Is the Firefox CD legally copyable?

Leif K-Brooks

I want 50 or so Firefox CDs to hand out to anyone I can find locally
who's still using Internet Explorer. As much as I'd like to support the
Mozilla Foundation, I really can't afford to buy that many CDs from the
Mozilla store. I know that the license of Firefox itself allows for
redistribution, but is there anything on the CD which has a license
forbidding copying?

While we're at it, does the Firefox CD have a nice setup program a
newbie could use, preferably one that automatically starts when the CD
is put in the drive?

Leonidas Jones

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> I want 50 or so Firefox CDs to hand out to anyone I can find locally
> who's still using Internet Explorer. As much as I'd like to support the
> Mozilla Foundation, I really can't afford to buy that many CDs from the
> Mozilla store. I know that the license of Firefox itself allows for
> redistribution, but is there anything on the CD which has a license
> forbidding copying?
>
> While we're at it, does the Firefox CD have a nice setup program a
> newbie could use, preferably one that automatically starts when the CD
> is put in the drive?

Since the program can be downloaded for free at any time, I doubt that
they would have any problem with your distributing it to others. Heck,
just download it onto a cd for that matter.

Of course, I have little connection with the Mozilla Foundation, so for
the official word, ask them:

http://www.mozilla.org/contact/

As far as questions about installing from the cd, as I have never used it.

Lee

** 60 GIG Photo iPod, Why Pay for it? When u can get it FREE! 100%Legally! ** Super Easy Proof inside! JimmyJohn ASP .Net 0 09-05-2005 07:55 AM
Legally downloading TV shows etc.? Sigi Rindler Computer Support 2 08-18-2005 07:01 PM
legally changed Neil MCSE 55 07-17-2004 12:29 PM
ISPs can legally read your email Ionizer Computer Support 10 07-03-2004 02:29 AM
New Releases: X2 X-Men United, Legally Blonde 2: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 08-21-2003 04:59 AM

Advertisments