Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > slots.pm

slots.pm

Rainer Weikusat

After converting the presently largest Perl program I'm dealing with
(with 12,756 LOC of what the web developer would call 'business
logic' and no user interface whatsoever) to using this, I've created a
slightly 'enhanced' version of this and put it on a web page which is
accessible here:

http://mss-uk.mssgmbh.com/~rw/slots.html

Changes:

- use a file-scope my variable instead of state to make
this usuable for a larger range of perl version

- argument checking code which croaks in case of 'unexpected uses'

- passes constant as first argument to constant::import

Rainer Weikusat

Rainer Weikusat <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

[...]

> http://mss-uk.mssgmbh.com/~rw/slots.html

[...]

> - argument checking code which croaks in case of 'unexpected uses'

This attempt to 'improve' this code actually broke the 'just declare a
parent' case .