Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: A digital curiosity

Re: A digital curiosity

Martin Brown

On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
> For the point & shooters among us:
> <
> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2013...s-back-in-time >

Can you post a quick summary please? Those of us in the UK are not
permitted to access the international BBC site for some strange reason!

A search of the domestic site with likely keywords draws a blank

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Richard

"Savageduck" wrote in message

>On 2013-03-20 00:42:53 -0700, Martin Brown
><|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> said:
>
>> On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
>>> For the point & shooters among us:
>>> <
>>> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2013...s-back-in-time
>>> >

>> Can you post a quick summary please? Those of us in the UK are not
>> permitted to access the international BBC site for some strange reason!
>>
>> A search of the domestic site with likely keywords draws a blank

>OK!
>I saved the BBC (trans-Atlantic) page using "Evernote" and emailed it to
>myself. It arrived somewhat discected. I then saved what I could via my Mac
>print dialog as a PDF. I hope you can get the gist of this idea. At the
>moment it is merely a design concept.
><
>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...20surprise.pdf

Thanks for going to all that effort. For future reference, others may
consider using a proxy:
http://www.publicproxyservers.com/
http://www.publicproxyservers.com/pr...t_domain1.html

Pablo

Martin Brown wrote:

> On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
>> For the point & shooters among us:
>> <
>> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2013...s-back-in-time
>> >

> Can you post a quick summary please? Those of us in the UK are not
> permitted to access the international BBC site for some strange reason!

" In the second part of BBC Future’s Imagineering series, British firm
Conran reimagines the digital camera with some of the retro joys of analogue
photography."
--
Pablo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
http://paulc.es/

Robert Coe

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 07:42:53 +0000, Martin Brown
<|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote:
: On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
: > For the point & shooters among us:
: > <
: > http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2013...s-back-in-time >
: >
: Can you post a quick summary please? Those of us in the UK are not
: permitted to access the international BBC site for some strange reason!
:
: A search of the domestic site with likely keywords draws a blank

I'll bet it costs the BBC more to keep you away from their international site
than it would to let you go there. As others have suggested, using a proxy
server might help. Or you might go to the U.S. or international CNN (or
somilar) site and look for a link to the BBC story. Do you have Internet
Explorer 10? I believe it has an option that makes the user harder to track.

It's too bad we don't have any Chinese members in the newsgroups. They're
magicians at finding their way to sites their government doesn't want them to
see. ;^)

Bob