Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 2.4GHz USB Dongle for Microsoft Model 1362 Wireless Mouse

2.4GHz USB Dongle for Microsoft Model 1362 Wireless Mouse

Harold A Climer

About 2 years ago I bought two Microsoft Model 1362 Wireless Explorer
mice for my Windows 7 Pro computers. One for my home and one for my
office.
While cleaning my home computer I damaged the USB wireless adapter and
the mouse quit working.
I took the wireless adapter home from my office computer and the mouse
at home still works OK. I guess it is the wireless adapter that is not
working.
Is there a generic Wireless Adapter that may be bought, that will
work?
I have seen several advertised on Ebay,but I do not know if they work
with my particular mouse.
I have even seen the 1362 advertised on Amazon: New at $100.00 and
used at much lower prices.(A bit much)
Most of my searches hit on wireless adapters for a Home Network,not
mice or other devices.
It is like losing one shoe;not much use.
Harold A Climer
Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy
U.T Chattanooga
Room 223 Grote Hall
615 McCallie Ave
Chattanooga TN 37403

Rob

On 19/03/2013 20:02, Harold A Climer wrote:
> About 2 years ago I bought two Microsoft Model 1362 Wireless Explorer
> mice for my Windows 7 Pro computers. One for my home and one for my
> office.
> While cleaning my home computer I damaged the USB wireless adapter and
> the mouse quit working.
> I took the wireless adapter home from my office computer and the mouse
> at home still works OK. I guess it is the wireless adapter that is not
> working.
> Is there a generic Wireless Adapter that may be bought, that will
> work?
> I have seen several advertised on Ebay,but I do not know if they work
> with my particular mouse.
> I have even seen the 1362 advertised on Amazon: New at $100.00 and
> used at much lower prices.(A bit much)
> Most of my searches hit on wireless adapters for a Home Network,not
> mice or other devices.
> It is like losing one shoe;not much use.
> Harold A Climer
> Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy
> U.T Chattanooga
> Room 223 Grote Hall
> 615 McCallie Ave
> Chattanooga TN 37403
> (E-Mail Removed)

Unlikely that any other USB wireless dongle will work, other than a
Microsoft 1362 one, due to internal coding (to prevent interference
with other 2.4GHz devices.) It's a shame it isn't a bluetooth
mouse, as you could have used a generic bluetooth USB dongle and
then 'paired' it with the mouse.
Personally, I'd just dump it and buy a new wireless mouse - they
are very inexpensive these days.
--
Rob

Robert Carnegie

Maybe you can get in contact with someone who has a
broken mouse and an OK wireless adapter, but I'm
not sure how. It's not the sort of thing that
you go online to discuss - well, I suppose you
/have/, but... well, anyway, last time I bought a
Bluetooth one; no adapter needed. But some of those
ones are flakey, too.

Actually, the one I had before that is a Targus;
the plastic of one of the buttons is broken, but
the wireless works okay. Probably not any good
to you, though. Unless you're left-handed and
can use the other button...