Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is Chrome a bag of Worms ?

Is Chrome a bag of Worms ?

Frank Williams

Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.

But it cant connect to the Internet

ER-102

All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet

But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
XP.

Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
XP..

Enkidu

On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:

> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
>

> But it cant connect to the Internet
>

> ER-102
>
> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
>
> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
> XP.
>

> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
> XP..

Buy a Mac.

Cheers,

Cliff

Enkidu

On 17/03/13 12:43, Mutley wrote:
> Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
>>>

>>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
>>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
>>>

>>> But it cant connect to the Internet
>>>

>>> ER-102
>>>
>>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
>>>
>>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
>>> XP.
>>>

>>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
>>> XP..
>>>

>> Buy a Mac.

> Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

Nor me. That's why I suggested he gets a Mac.

Cheers,

Cliff

Frank Williams

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
>>>

>>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
>>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
>>>

>>> But it cant connect to the Internet
>>>

>>> ER-102
>>>
>>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
>>>
>>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
>>> XP.
>>>

>>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
>>> XP..
>>>

>>Buy a Mac.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Cliff

>Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.

JohnO

<snip>

I'm sure, but you won't find the solution to your chrome issues at www.seniledementia.net.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
>>>

>>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
>>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
>>>

>>> But it cant connect to the Internet
>>>

>>> ER-102
>>>
>>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
>>>
>>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
>>> XP.
>>>

>>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
>>> XP..
>>>

>>Buy a Mac.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Cliff

>Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

Yes work 100% with Win7, both using the same security software, but
that does not help if its turned off.

Use XP most of the time due to a HP Scanner only having XP Drivers, plus
to replace this HP scanner that was $800 would be a bit of a problem
costs etc being one.

nospam

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:18:04 +1300, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
>XP..

I think you need to re-format your brain.

Exactly what are "all the suggestions" you've tried. You're not
likely to get any help if you expect people to have to figure out what
an "ER 102" is and then to find "all" the suggestions about what to
do.

Have you tried everything here
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin...&answer=117805

and here
http://productforums.google.com/foru...B1-25-false%5D

Try getting your brain out of dork mode and communicate like a normal
person.

Enkidu

On 17/03/13 13:32, Frank Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Buy a Mac.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cliff

>> Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

> Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.

So there are at least 1000 nincompoops on the Net.

Cliff

Enkidu

On 17/03/13 17:11, EMB wrote:
> On 17/03/2013 1:32 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

>> Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.
>>

> 1000 clueless ****wits, most like you Woger.

Bugger. I just said exactly the same thing before reading this.

Cliff

Frank Williams

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:15:59 +1300, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:18:04 +1300, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
>>XP..

>I think you need to re-format your brain.
>
>Exactly what are "all the suggestions" you've tried. You're not
>likely to get any help if you expect people to have to figure out what
>an "ER 102" is and then to find "all" the suggestions about what to
>do.
>
>Have you tried everything here
>http://support.google.com/chrome/bin...&answer=117805
>
>and here
>http://productforums.google.com/foru...B1-25-false%5D
>
>Try getting your brain out of dork mode and communicate like a normal
>person.

That error "ER 102" is listed by Google, and as I posted before I have
tried all the Fixes, even these that you have listed.