Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > RSS Feed Help

RSS Feed Help

NewYorkBeating

Everytime I click on a RSS feed using Firefox, the page turns to this:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information
associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

-
<rss version="0.91">
-
<channel>
<title>BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition</title>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...hi/default.stm
</link>
-
<description>
Updated every minute of every day - FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
</description>
<language>en-gb</language>
<lastBuildDate>Mon, 18 Oct 04 01:37:48 GMT</lastBuildDate>
-
<copyright>
Copyright: (C) British Broadcasting Corporation,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3281849.stm
</copyright>
<docs>http://www.bbc.co.uk/syndication/</docs>
-
<image>
<title>BBC News</title>
-
<url>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/img...ews_120x60.gif
</url>
<link>http://news.bbc.co.uk</link>
</image>
-
<item>
<title>Africa leaders seek Darfur peace</title>
-
<description>
A summit of African leaders in Libya seeks a solution to the crisis in the
Sudanese region of Darfur.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ca/3751554.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Mbeki blamed over Haitian unrest</title>
-
<description>
Haiti accuses South Africa of illegally allowing exile Jean-Bertrand
Aristide to foment unrest in his homeland.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...as/3751722.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Lukashenko wins poll under cloud</title>
-
<description>
Vote-rigging allegations cloud a referendum in Belarus which President
Lukashenko is said to have won easily.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...pe/3736312.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Sharon stands firm on Gaza plan</title>
-
<description>
Israel's prime minister refuses to bow to angry settlers' demands for a vote
on his Gaza withdrawal plan.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...st/3751490.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Bomb blast shatters Baghdad cafe</title>
-
<description>
A powerful explosion kills six and injures at least 20 at a cafe in Baghdad
popular with Iraqi police officers.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...st/3751642.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Warning on internet health advice</title>
-
<description>

People with chronic disease should think twice before relying on the
internet for health advice, research suggests.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...th/3746056.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Bush and Kerry woo Florida </title>
-
<description>
George W Bush and John Kerry fight to win over voters in Florida, the US
state which narrowly decided the 2000 polls.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...as/3751606.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>EU meets on migrant camps</title>
-
<description>
Key EU ministers begin talks in Florence on controversial plans for migrant
holding centres outside Europe.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...pe/3750420.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Zimbabwe cleared over racism</title>
-
<description>
An investigation finds no sign of racism in cricket in Zimbabwe and
recommends restoring its Test status.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...al/3751148.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Cricket: Australia fight back</title>
-
<description>
India are set 229 to square the series after Damien Martyn hits a superb 104
on day four of the second Test.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...et/3750760.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Golf: Els claims record win</title>
-
<description>
Ernie Els clinches a record sixth World Match Play title with a 2&1 victory
over Lee Westwood at Wentworth.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...lf/3750898.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Splits feared in Anglican Church</title>
-
<description>
A new report which aims to heal divisions over homosexuality in the Anglican
Church is due out on Monday.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ws/3751544.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Mugabe rival's acquittal 'accepted'</title>
-
<description>
Zimbabwe's government says it accepts the opposition leader's treason
acquittal, in an apparent change of view.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ca/3750580.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>MoD denies US missiles set for UK</title>
-
<description>
The Ministry of Defence denies reports a secret deal has been struck to
allow the US to station missiles in the UK.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ws/3750294.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>JFK's press secretary dies at 79</title>
-
<description>
Pierre Salinger, who was press secretary to Presidents John F Kennedy and
Lyndon Johnson, dies of a heart attack.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...as/3750380.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Cleric faces charges over Bali</title>
-
<description>
Indonesian cleric Abu Bakar Ba'asyir is charged with involvement in the 2002
Bali bombings.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ic/3749392.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Former British envoy is suspended</title>
-
<description>
A UK diplomat who was withdrawn as ambassador to Uzbekistan is suspended on
full pay.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ws/3750370.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>France mends fences with Israel</title>
-
<description>
French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier vows to fight mounting anti-Semitism
in his country while visiting Israel.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...pe/3751610.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Russia urges Iran nuclear action</title>
-
<description>
Russia says Iran must do more to dispel international concerns about its
nuclear programme.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...st/3751210.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Jordan charges attacks suspects</title>
-
<description>
Jordan charges 13 suspects -including Iraq's most wanted man - over alleged
plots to attack Jordanian targets.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...st/3751150.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Israelis in fresh Gaza incursion</title>
-
<description>
Israeli troops enter the Rafah refugee camp in Gaza in a new attempt, they
say, to stop weapons smuggling.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...st/3750460.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Congress wins in key Indian state</title>
-
<description>
India's ruling coalition wins a poll in the key state of Maharashtra, but
needs minor parties' support to govern.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ia/3747198.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Tamil Tigers reject peace plans</title>
-
<description>
Sri Lanka's Tamil Tiger rebels dismiss new government proposals to restart
peace talks.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ia/3751558.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Plan to scrap GCSEs and A-levels</title>
-
<description>
England's secondary schools should drop GCSEs and A-levels for a diploma, a
report says, but reaction is mixed.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...on/3751644.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Greenspan plays down oil burden</title>
-
<description>
Fed chief Alan Greenspan says energy prices are not yet a major economic
threat, as oil touches $55 a barrel in New York.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ss/3747892.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Weight ops linked to nerve damage</title>
-
<description>
A significant number of patients who have their stomachs stapled develop
nerve damage in their extremities, research has found.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...th/3744144.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>UK boost for biomass fuel crops</title>
-
<description>
The UK government is stepping up efforts to stimulate the growing of crops
for use in generating renewable energy.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...re/3746554.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Dishes keeping the UK connected</title>
-
<description>
The Goonhilly Earth Station in Cornwall is a key part of the global network
that keeps us talking to each other.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...ne/3744964.stm
</link>
</item>
-
<item>
<title>Shrek musical bound for Broadway</title>
-
<description>
American Beauty director Sam Mendes is to oversee a Broadway musical version
of Shrek.
</description>
-
<link>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0...nt/3750758.stm
</link>
</item>
</channel>
</rss

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Achim Schumacher

Hi!

> Everytime I click on a RSS feed using Firefox, the page turns to this:

> This XML file does not appear to have any style information
> associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

> What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

You shouldn't click on a RSS file, because Firefox will just show the
code. If you want to use the feed, create a new "Live Bookmark" using
the bookmarks manager. Klick on File/New Live Bookmark and enter the
address of the RSS feed. This feature is available since Firefox 1.0PR.

Hope that this helped you a bit!

Regards
Grisu

--
http://grisumedia.de/?ref=alt.fan.mozilla

NewYorkBeating

i have version 0.9.3 and when i click on updates frpm the options menu it
tells me none are available, when can i fin an update?

--

"Achim Schumacher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cl13a0$22l$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
>> Everytime I click on a RSS feed using Firefox, the page turns to this:

>> This XML file does not appear to have any style information
>> associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

>> What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

> You shouldn't click on a RSS file, because Firefox will just show the
> code. If you want to use the feed, create a new "Live Bookmark" using the
> bookmarks manager. Klick on File/New Live Bookmark and enter the address
> of the RSS feed. This feature is available since Firefox 1.0PR.
>
> Hope that this helped you a bit!
>
> Regards
> Grisu
>
> --
> http://grisumedia.de/?ref=alt.fan.mozilla

Jack Elias

You can also look for the "Sage" extension, which gives you an
integrated RSS reader

Jack

NewYorkBeating streamed these bits through the 'internets' around 18
October 04 5:44 PM:
> i have version 0.9.3 and when i click on updates frpm the options menu it
> tells me none are available, when can i fin an update?

NewYorkBeating

ok, got the 1.0. still can't get an RSS feed. when i click on File, there is
no option for New Live Bookmark..

--

"Jack Elias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
>
> You can also look for the "Sage" extension, which gives you an integrated
> RSS reader
>
> Jack
>

> NewYorkBeating streamed these bits through the 'internets' around 18
> October 04 5:44 PM:
>> i have version 0.9.3 and when i click on updates frpm the options menu it
>> tells me none are available, when can i fin an update?

MLC

_NewYorkBeating_, marted́ 19/ott/2004:

> ok, got the 1.0. still can't get an RSS feed. when i click on File, there is
> no option for New Live Bookmark..

It is in the menu File of the Bookmarks Manager.
--
Maria Luisa C - 19/10/2004 9.45.19