Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the quality ofsoftware? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the quality ofsoftware? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

komal singh

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
>

> Thanking You

seen as though your replying and asking me a question its not really talking to myself.. wow you guys do seem to think your above everybody..

David Lamb

On 07/03/2013 7:08 AM, komal singh wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
>> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of
>> programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???

> you clearly have no idea of what my disso is about and what i need doing.s o
> if you sad people can help then feel free otherwise stop wasting my

time. you
> clearly have nothing else to do. if your so clever and smart why not

take up
> the challenge and lets see if you can answer my questions.

I think you may not be familiar with the culture you've dived into with
your multiple separate posts on the same subject. It's a practice that's
been frowned upon in Usenet since its beginnings 30+ years ago. It may
look like an overreaction to you, but that's because you didn't realize
that, in this environment, multiposting is considered rude. Lots of
people respond to rudeness with rudeness.

As to the questionnaire itself, in one of the separate places you posted
this request I (politely, I think) asked if you were aware an internet
survey like the one you proposed to email wouldn't give you any
statistically valid information. If you just wanted a quick response to
guide future work that would be one thing -- last fall I asked a brief
question about how use cases were written in industry, for example, but
that was never meant to be presented as legitimate research. There are
plenty of professional programmers on this list who would consider it
irresponsible to participate in an informal survey that was going to be
portrayed as a research result. It is a *lot* of work to survey
industrial practices properly; I have a colleague who has built a career
on it.

komal singh

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
>

> Thanking You

Wow thank you so much Lipska You have pointed it out well. All I need is 10-12 programmers who can carry out a quick task and answer a few questions.But, some people soon begin to think they are above others. I am only a student who enjoys programming too. Can we correspond through emails? I understand what you are saying David but how can I put my questionnaire on here?Should i copy and paste the questions and post them?
Thanks for the response guys

Roedy Green

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:53:44 -0800 (PST), komal singh
who said :

>no need to show so much attitude... its my university project i'm asking help for not some cocky answer.

You need a clearer question, or to break it into a number of
questions.
One thing I love about having a website, is that when I complain about
something, I only have to do it once. It saves me endless hours of
grumbling.

komal singh

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
>

> Thanking You

Personally, I can send the word doc over email but I do not have a website.What if i sent it from my university email address? But, i will look into the the free file sharing and see if I can come up with something. Once again thank you for your understanding approach.

Roedy Green

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 04:08:24 -0800 (PST), komal singh
who said :

>you clearly have no idea of what my disso is about and what i need doing.s =
>o if you sad people can help then feel free otherwise stop wasting my time.=
> you clearly have nothing else to do. if your so clever and smart why not t=
>ake up the challenge and lets see if you can answer my questions.

Oops. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroups.html

You are the one asking the favour. You making the error of thinking
you are ENTITLED to an answer. Newsgroupers smell that sense of
entitlement the way sharks smell blood.
One thing I love about having a website, is that when I complain about
something, I only have to do it once. It saves me endless hours of
grumbling.

komal singh

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
>

> Thanking You

could we possibly Drop box?

Arne Vajh°j

On 3/7/2013 4:28 AM, komal singh wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
>> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???

> Its a small request from a student and multi posting isnt offending you in anyway...

Most of us prefer to determine ourselves what offend us.

And multiposting is generally frowned on.

> you guys really need to relax.

I can strongly recommend that you look into the topic:
usenet netiquette.

Arne

komal singh

I have just asked my tutor as well so once I have a response i will get back to you...

Thank you

Arne Vajh°j

On 3/7/2013 7:08 AM, komal singh wrote:
> you clearly have no idea of what my disso is about and what i need
> doing.s o if you sad people can help then feel free otherwise stop
> wasting my time. you clearly have nothing else to do. if your so
> clever and smart why not take up the challenge and lets see if you
> can answer my questions.

This is a discussion forum.

When you post something then don't be surprised if people
actually discuss it.

Another tip: if you want people to spend time helping you, then
be very polite and not demanding or aggressive.

Arne