Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Problem with Firefox New Toolbar function

Problem with Firefox New Toolbar function

timbo

Hi I'm just getting used to Firefox (1.0 PR), which is excellent.

However, one problem. When I customise toolbars and add a new toolbar,
no new toolbar actually appears anywhere (as far as I can see). So I
can't add any tools to it.

Whilst I'm still in "customise", the dropdown allows me to check or
uncheck my new toolbar, but appears to do nothing. Once I leave
"customise", it's no longer there.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Help appreciated.

Change red to blue in email address when replying

Leonidas Jones

timbo wrote:
> Hi I'm just getting used to Firefox (1.0 PR), which is excellent.
>
> However, one problem. When I customise toolbars and add a new toolbar,
> no new toolbar actually appears anywhere (as far as I can see). So I
> can't add any tools to it.
>
> Whilst I'm still in "customise", the dropdown allows me to check or
> uncheck my new toolbar, but appears to do nothing. Once I leave
> "customise", it's no longer there.
>
> What am I missing or doing wrong? Help appreciated.

I find the same problem.

Lee

timbo

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> timbo wrote:
>
>> Hi I'm just getting used to Firefox (1.0 PR), which is excellent.
>>
>> However, one problem. When I customise toolbars and add a new toolbar,
>> no new toolbar actually appears anywhere (as far as I can see). So I
>> can't add any tools to it.
>>
>> Whilst I'm still in "customise", the dropdown allows me to check or
>> uncheck my new toolbar, but appears to do nothing. Once I leave
>> "customise", it's no longer there.
>>
>> What am I missing or doing wrong? Help appreciated.
>>

> I find the same problem.
>
> Lee

I've now discovered it is caused by using a particular theme - Walnut -
switch to another and it's fine!

timbo wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> timbo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi I'm just getting used to Firefox (1.0 PR), which is excellent.
>>>
>>> However, one problem. When I customise toolbars and add a new
>>> toolbar, no new toolbar actually appears anywhere (as far as I can
>>> see). So I can't add any tools to it.
>>>
>>> Whilst I'm still in "customise", the dropdown allows me to check or
>>> uncheck my new toolbar, but appears to do nothing. Once I leave
>>> "customise", it's no longer there.
>>>
>>> What am I missing or doing wrong? Help appreciated.
>>>

>> I find the same problem.
>>
>> Lee

> I've now discovered it is caused by using a particular theme - Walnut -
> switch to another and it's fine!

Son of a gun, I am using walnut. Now that y9ou mention it, I remember
having to switch to the default theme long enough to create the new toolbar.

Lee