Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Search Engines

Search Engines

Chuck

How do I remove a search engine that I've installed? It's one of the
engines in the box on the top right.

- - - - -
www.throwemup.com
Is your picture here yet?

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** Chuck escribió/wrote (Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:53:49 -0400):
> How do I remove a search engine that I've installed? It's one of the
> engines in the box on the top right.

I suppose you're talking about Firefox. Just find the "searchplugins"
folder in program folder and remove the engile files. Each engine has two
files: and icon (GIF or PNG file) and the data file (a SRC) file.

--
-+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
+- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)

Chuck

>> How do I remove a search engine that I've installed? It's one of the
>> engines in the box on the top right.

> I suppose you're talking about Firefox. Just find the "searchplugins"
> folder in program folder and remove the engile files. Each engine has two
> files: and icon (GIF or PNG file) and the data file (a SRC) file.

Yes, I am using FF 1.0PR.

It worked perfectly, thank you very much.

Brian

(On 10/17/2004 3:42 PM) Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:
> *** Chuck escribió/wrote (Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:53:49 -0400):
>
>>How do I remove a search engine that I've installed? It's one of the
>>engines in the box on the top right.

> I suppose you're talking about Firefox. Just find the "searchplugins"
> folder in program folder and remove the engile files. Each engine has two
> files: and icon (GIF or PNG file) and the data file (a SRC) file.

Isn't it the same in both Mozilla and Firefox? I don't have Mozilla
installed on this computer, so I can't check.

--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** Brian escribió/wrote (Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:28:42 -0400):
> Isn't it the same in both Mozilla and Firefox? I don't have Mozilla
> installed on this computer, so I can't check.

Actually... Yes, it is