Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: suggestions for improving code fragment please

Re: suggestions for improving code fragment please

Rick Johnson

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:47:12 PM UTC-6, The Night Tripper wrote:
> I'm being very dumb ... how can I simplify this fragment?
>
> if arglist:
> arglist.pop(0)
> if arglist:
> self.myparm1 = arglist.pop(0)
> if arglist:
> self.myparm2 = arglist.pop(0)
> if arglist:
> self.myparm3 = arglist.pop(0)
> if arglist:
> self.parm4 = arglist.pop(0)

Depends. If the length of arglist is "known" you could simply unpack it:

a,b,c,d = (1,2,3,4)

If the length is unknown, a while loop would do the trick. All you need is to figure out what "truth condition" to test for on each iteration of the while loop.

while truthCondition:
#assign variable to value