Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Siemens OpenStage 60

Siemens OpenStage 60

Woody

The above would appear to be a Voip phone. Anyone know anything
about it and specifically will it work standalone on my Voip line
or does it need to be connected to a switch?

I've just seen four, used but in nearly new condition, at a very
good price.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Woody

"alexd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kgr68k$i6p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Woody (for it is he) wrote:
>
>> Siemens OpenStage 60

> They're certified for use with Asterisk w/SIP firmware so are
> likely to work
> with anything else that speaks SIP.
>
> If you don't have a phone system, what do you want four for?

There were four for sale, boxed up like knew at 39 apiece. It
looked a good buy for a domestic voip phone if it would do the
job.

I'll go buy one next week and report progress - or come asking
for help!

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Woody

"alexd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kgsj09$4v1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Woody (for it is he) wrote:
>
>> I'll go buy one next week and report progress - or come asking
>> for help!

> I suggest you look carefully before handing over the readies:
>
> http://wiki.siemens-
> enterprise.com/wiki/OpenStage_Important_HW/SW_Dependency_Information
>
> http://wiki.siemens-
> enterprise.com/wiki/OpenStage_Hardware_Changes_and_necessary_Software_ Versions#Part_number_of_the_Phone
>
> This page suggests that the CorNet, SIP and TDM variants of the
> handsets
> have different part numbers. I'm not familiar with Siemens
> voice, but other
> vendors I'm familiar with have one hardware part that takes
> different
> firmware loads depending on whether you want the handset to
> speak SIP or
> proprietary, so having different parts [apart from TDM, I
> guess] seems
> unusual to me. I think you might want to ask a Siemens expert.

The boxes are very clearly printed SIP on the outside, else I
wouldn't even have given it a thought.