Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Searching for a replacement for PIL

Searching for a replacement for PIL

Thorsten Kiefer

Hi,
my actual program imports ImageTk, to generate TK compatible images.
But it seems like PIL is no longer supported.
Is there a replacement for draw Images at high rates into TKinter GUIs ?

Best regards
Thorsten

Chris Rebert

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Thorsten Kiefer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> my actual program imports ImageTk, to generate TK compatible images.
> But it seems like PIL is no longer supported.

Have you investigated the Pillow fork?
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pillow/

Cheers,
Chris