Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: groupby behaviour

Re: groupby behaviour

Ian Kelly

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM, andrea crotti
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> So I was trying to use groupby (which I used in the past), but I
> noticed a very strange thing if using list on
> the result:

As stated in the docs:

"""
The returned group is itself an iterator that shares the underlying
iterable with groupby(). Because the source is shared, when the
groupby() object is advanced, the previous group is no longer visible.
So, if that data is needed later, it should be stored as a list:
"""

Re: groupby behaviour andrea crotti Python 1 02-26-2013 05:35 PM
groupby behaviour andrea crotti Python 0 02-26-2013 04:27 PM
groupby Bryan Python 4 05-27-2006 04:52 PM
Problem with itertools.groupby. trebucket@gmail.com Python 3 05-25-2006 09:54 PM
whatsnew 2.4 about itertools.groupby: G?nter Jantzen Python 0 06-09-2004 11:00 AM

Advertisments