Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > VHDL-AMS: Simulating a closed model in Mentor Graphics System Vision

VHDL-AMS: Simulating a closed model in Mentor Graphics System Vision

shai.lesh@gmx.com

Hi,
I am learning VHDL-AMS and using the student edition of System Vision from Mentor Graphics. However there are no tutorials that instruct how to run a simple closed model such as that describing a bouncing ball. A vhdl-amscode for a bouncing ball is here:

http://www.syssim.ecs.soton.ac.uk/vh...es/bouncer.htm

I can create a new project in System Vision and add the vhdl file to the project. However when I compile, I get the message:

Make the current document the testbench...file name here ?

But what kind of testbench is needed for the bouncer ball example?

I would be grateful if someone would kindly show me the steps how to compile such a model in System Vision. The get started help that come with SystemVision does not address how to compile a closed vhdl-ams model.

Thanks a lot...
YC