Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Correct handling of case in unicode and regexps

Re: Correct handling of case in unicode and regexps

Devin Jeanpierre

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Vlastimil Brom
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> you may check the new regex implementation
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/regex
> which does support casefolding in case insensitive matches (beyond
> many other features and improvements comparing to re)

Good point, I've been looking only at re, but maybe regex is more
pertinent after a point.

However, regex has the same behavior.

>>> regex.match('ss', 'ß', regex.UNICODE | regex.IGNORECASE)

-- Devin