Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D5000 - how to make the darn thing STAY on center focused?

Nikon D5000 - how to make the darn thing STAY on center focused?

Wolfgang Weisselberg

> On 2013-03-02 05:45:56 -0800, Wolfgang Weisselberg

>> | Let's just say that some
>> | component --- in this case on my side --- doesn't (and often
>> | cannot) pull and push usenet postings in near real time, due
>> | to the fact that it doesn't have a connection round the clock.
>> | Syncing is performed when it's opportune.

>> Doesn't that answer the question?

> Finally! The mystery of the delayed Wolfgang posts explained. So all
> you are doing is offline reading and composition of your post. Then
> come on line at your convenience to post your responses on the dates
> and times of their composition, and refresh your message cache.
> I guess not all of us have 24/7 broadband, and we tend to forget that
> others might have to resort methods we have no need of.

I tried to get the cable company to lay a broadband connection
to the trains and planes I use, but *they* say the cable
would rip off if they moved ...

-Wolfgang

Wolfgang Weisselberg

George Kerby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Any more questions? Ah, yes. No, I don't think a backup
>> satellite internet connection is worth it just so you get my
>> postings earlier. After all, you don't read 24/7 either.

> You need to catch up with technology and/or fix your clock.

The clock is synced to the correct time. Automatically.
Whenever there's an Internet connection. Which means it may
be off 2 minutes if I don't have Internet for a whole month.

> This ain't the
> Pony Express in the 21st century.

Sure. Usenet started in the 20th century, and not even in
the final decades of it.

> NO ONE else seems to have your unique
> problem in ANY Usenet group I have EVER encountered...

You haven't encountered anyone who posts while travelling?
It seems you're still stuck in the mid 20'th century where
laptops, nettops, notebooks, tablets, smartphones and even PDAs
SIMPLY DON'T EXIST? Do computers still weight at least 25 kg
and use a heavy CRT in your world and therefore won't travel?

-Wolfgang

Wolfgang Weisselberg

> It appears Wolfgang's circumstances do not permit him the luxury of a
> 24/7 broadband internet connection (My provider is Charter Cable and
> serves me well at more than adequate speed 24/7).

How do they manage to supply planes and trains?

> However his Usenet
> client permits him to download new headers and posts for offline
> reading. He can then compose his responses offline to send whenever he
> rejoins the world. The unfortunate thing for us is, his Usenet client
> date & time stamps them at the date and time of composition, not the
> time of actual posting.

Technically, you're wrong. There is a usenet server between
the client and the upstream servers, which lives on the laptop.
The client therefore can't add the date stamp of whenever the
server uplinks to his server, and of course the server is not
allowed to change such info.

> Immediacy does not seem to be a concern for him.

If you want immediate, go use a phone or a chat of some sort.
Email is store and forward, Usenet is flood fill, both are
only bet effort.

-Wolfgang

PeterN

On 3/4/2013 6:08 PM, John Turco wrote:
> On 3/2/2013 10:39 AM, PeterN wrote:
>
> <heavily edited for brevity>
>
>> If I felt I could get the image quality I like, with a lighter weight
>> camera, I would do so in a flash.

> Pun intended?
>
> John

No. I gave up punning, ever since I tried to make ten people laugh by
making ten different puns, and no pun in ten did.

--
PeterN