Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Good Books To learn C++

Good Books To learn C++

Bill Gill

On 2/22/2013 7:30 AM, Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-02-21, psr wrote:
>> I am just beggining to learn C++. Which are the good books to learn C++? I
>> want the list from basic to advanced.

> If you're a beginner, you don't want to know about the advanced books.
> Forget about those for a while. Meanwhile:
>
> Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++
> Bjarne Stroustrup
> Addison-Wesley Professional
> 1 edition (29 December 200
>
> I haven't read it myself (since I'm neither a beginner nor a book
> reviewer) but he writes well, knows the language, knows how to use it.
>
> The accu.org reviews are also helpful, if they still exist.
>
> /Jorgen

I have that one and it seems to be a pretty good one.

Bill

Swifty

On 22/02/2013 15:00, Pinnerite wrote:
> I prefer
> hard copy anyway but at £40 plus ...

Does £25.96 suit you better:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Bo...n%3Dprinciples

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/

Swifty

On 24/02/2013 15:17, Swifty wrote:
> Does £25.96 suit you better

I liked the look of the book so much that I bought a copy myself. Not
the one in my link (above) but one costing a couple of ££ more, but a
new copy.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/

SG

Am 22.02.2013 13:12, schrieb Pinnerite:> SG wrote:

> //
> //
>
>> It's a shame that one of the popular and best selling C++ books at
>> amazon.de is one of those that are not worth the paper they are
>> printed on.

> Like psr I would like a recommendation of a good book on C++.
> Sadly he has received only negative replies.

Not true.
I also provided the following link to a list of good C++ books:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/

Bo Persson

Jorgen Grahn skrev 2013-02-22 17:13:
> On Fri, 2013-02-22, Pinnerite wrote:
>> Jorgen Grahn wrote:

>>> If you're a beginner, you don't want to know about the advanced books.
>>> Forget about those for a while. Meanwhile:
>>>
>>> Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++
>>> Bjarne Stroustrup
>>> Addison-Wesley Professional
>>> 1 edition (29 December 200

>> I've just downloaded a free pdf of it

> Free, or pirated?

It isn't free, so let's guess.

Bo Persson

woodbrian77@gmail.com

On Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:55:50 PM UTC, Bo Persson wrote:

> It isn't free, so let's guess.

Stolen, but speaking of free I'd like to mention
the C++ Middleware Writer --
http://webEbenezer.net .

It's an on line code generator implemented in
3 tiers. The front and middle tiers are open
source but the back tier is closed source. It
has been on line for over 10 years. This java
code generator -- http://springfuse.com -- has
been on line for about 4 years I think.

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises - learning how to walk on
economic water.

Can anyone recommend some good books to learn Java programming with? Zer0 Voltage Java 5 06-27-2011 04:59 PM
Good Books to learn low-level C Ramzy Darwish C Programming 22 04-09-2005 06:00 PM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
newbie question: should I learn TKinter or skip it and learn more advanced toolkit? Porky Pig Jr Python 3 05-12-2004 08:58 AM

Advertisments