Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Puzzling problem with code

Puzzling problem with code

richard

http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html

Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.
None tell me why my problem is a problem.
You will find a wimpy flash player on the page.
click on the first item to begin playing.
the items listed suddenly blank out and nothing happens.
I want to know what I'm missing.
Same thing happens on 1965 and 1966.
The other pages are fine.

All I did was replace the main table for each year and change the year for
the xml file. So it should be fine.

richard

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:41:03 -0500, richard wrote:

> http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html
>
> Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.
> None tell me why my problem is a problem.
> You will find a wimpy flash player on the page.
> click on the first item to begin playing.
> the items listed suddenly blank out and nothing happens.
> I want to know what I'm missing.
> Same thing happens on 1965 and 1966.
> The other pages are fine.
>
> All I did was replace the main table for each year and change the year for
> the xml file. So it should be fine.

I also noticed that for 1964 and 1965 there are + marks before the items,
while in the other lists, a > shows.

There is no difference between the xnl files formatting other than the text
added for each list.

richard

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:41:03 -0500, richard wrote:

> http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html
>
> Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.
> None tell me why my problem is a problem.
> You will find a wimpy flash player on the page.
> click on the first item to begin playing.
> the items listed suddenly blank out and nothing happens.
> I want to know what I'm missing.
> Same thing happens on 1965 and 1966.
> The other pages are fine.
>
> All I did was replace the main table for each year and change the year for
> the xml file. So it should be fine.

picky picky picky.
I noticed I had a space between the filename and the </filename> tag.
eliminated the space and now it works just fine.

Allodoxaphobia

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 22:50:16 -0500, richard wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:41:03 -0500, richard wrote:
>
>> http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html
>>
>> Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.
>> None tell me why my problem is a problem.
>> You will find a wimpy flash player on the page.
>> click on the first item to begin playing.
>> the items listed suddenly blank out and nothing happens.
>> I want to know what I'm missing.
>> Same thing happens on 1965 and 1966.
>> The other pages are fine.
>>
>> All I did was replace the main table for each year and change the year for
>> the xml file. So it should be fine.

> picky picky picky.
> I noticed I had a space between the filename and the </filename> tag.
> eliminated the space and now it works just fine.

Glad we could help.

Doug Miller

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:zo9z624cpj56.1o27q0gd64uui.dlg@
40tude.net:

> http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html
>
> Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.

Actually, RtS, the errors are generated by your failure to write valid HTML.

Mike Duffy

Allodoxaphobia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) et:

> Glad we could help.

As a side note, was that (missing space betreen </filename> and filename)
one of the validation errors?

Validating the code often fixes up problems like this.

--
http://pages.videotron.ca/duffym/index.htm

Puzzling VPN problem with Windows 2003 John Rennie Cisco 0 03-14-2006 07:19 PM
puzzling dvd burner problem Demolitio Computer Support 10 07-17-2005 06:59 AM
Puzzling Hijack (I think) Problem Steve Meyerson Computer Support 7 09-23-2004 06:27 AM
puzzling routing problem Geert Cisco 0 04-07-2004 10:28 PM
puzzling <div> problem Richard HTML 2 09-12-2003 08:56 PM

Advertisments