Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Eric - "No module named MainWindow"

Re: Eric - "No module named MainWindow"

Joel Goldstick

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Vincent Vande Vyvre <
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Le 17/02/13 10:08, Phil a écrit :
> > Thank you for reading this.
> >
> > I've been playing with Eric all day and I almost have a working GUI
> > application, but not quite. I have followed the two tutorials on the
> > Eric site and I'm sure that I haven't miss entered anything and so I
> > think the error is the result of something missing from my system or
> > perhaps a path error.
> >
> > This is the error message:
> >
> > The debugged program raised the exception unhandled ImportError
> > "No module named MainWindow"
> > File: /home/phil/main.py, Line: 4
> >
> > And this is the code:
> >
> > !/usr/bin/python
> >
> > from PyQt4.QtGui import QApplication
> > from ui.MainWindow import MainWindow
> >
> > def main():
> > import sys
> > app = QApplication(sys.argv)
> > wnd = MainWindow()
> > wnd.show()
> > sys.exit(app.exec_())
> >
> > if __name__ == '__main__':
> > main()
> >
> > I have tried mainWindow and mainwindow as well so it appears not to be
> > a case error.
> >

> Are you sure you have a class MainWindow in your ui.MainWindow.py ?

I just looked at the tutorial that you might be experimenting with on this
page: http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/...ser/index.html

The class MainWindow is in mainwindow.py in the ui folder. I would try
this:

from ui.mainwindow import MainWindow

> --
> Vincent V.V.