Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: OT: For Dog Enthusiasts

Re: OT: For Dog Enthusiasts

PeterN

On 2/14/2013 9:38 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.com
>
> Eventually, I'll get a few dog shots posted ...
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

Hopefully this may be help you:

<http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/fda-approves-bionic-eye-brings-partial-vision-to-the-blind-1131520>

Or

<http://tinyurl.com/d3n6dlc>

--
PeterN

PeterN

On 2/17/2013 1:09 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
> "PeterN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:511ee9be$0$10806$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com...
>> On 2/14/2013 9:38 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
>>> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.com
>>>
>>> Eventually, I'll get a few dog shots posted ...
>>>
>>> Take Care,
>>> Dudley
>>>

>> Hopefully this may be help you:
>>

>> <http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/fda-approves-bionic-eye-brings-partial-vision-to-the-blind-1131520>
>>
>> Or
>>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/d3n6dlc>
>>
>> --
>> PeterN

> Yep, there's lots of progress being made in the bield of sight restoration.
>
> For me, the best option lies in gene therapy. In Great Britain, a number of
> persons with the same disorder that affects me have had some of their sight
> restored.
>
> It's just a matter of time...
>
> BTW, here's a link to the latest post on The Dog Handler ...
>
> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.ca/#!/20...pect_7890.html
>

> Take Care,
> Dudley

Neat article. the problem is that it won't be read by those who would
benefit most from your advice.
Hopefully, I am wrong.
Our daughter has a golden who periodically shows signs of pain. I often
tease my daughter and tell her the dog is just putting on an act, so she
can get some nice massages and treatments in a warm water treadmill.
Recently the dog pulled up lame. The vet diagnosed her as having a torn
ACL. When taken to another vet for a second opinion, she immediately
jumped up on the counter to gt a cookie. Guess she didn't have a torn ACL.
Yup, dogs can be quite intelligent.

--
PeterN

John Turco

On 2/17/2013 12:09 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
> "PeterN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:511ee9be$0$10806$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com...
>> On 2/14/2013 9:38 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
>>> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.com
>>>
>>> Eventually, I'll get a few dog shots posted ...
>>>
>>> Take Care,
>>> Dudley
>>>

>> Hopefully this may be help you:
>>

>> <http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/fda-approves-bionic-eye-brings-partial-vision-to-the-blind-1131520>
>>
>> Or
>>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/d3n6dlc>
>>
>> --
>> PeterN

> Yep, there's lots of progress being made in the bield of sight restoration.
>
> For me, the best option lies in gene therapy. In Great Britain, a number of
> persons with the same disorder that affects me have had some of their sight
> restored.

Did that have anything to do with your British sojourn, in 2012?

> It's just a matter of time...

Yes, indeed, there are encouraging signs.

> BTW, here's a link to the latest post on The Dog Handler ...
>
> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.ca/#!/20...pect_7890.html
>

> Take Care,
> Dudley

I've read both installments, thus far.

John

John Turco

On 2/18/2013 9:34 PM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
> "John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kfu8kv$j2n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2/17/2013 12:09 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
>>> "PeterN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:511ee9be$0$10806$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com...

>>> Yep, there's lots of progress being made in the bield of sight
>>> restoration.
>>>
>>> For me, the best option lies in gene therapy. In Great Britain, a
>>> number of persons with the same disorder that affects me have had
>>> some of their sight restored.

>> Did that have anything to do with your British sojourn, in 2012?
>>
>>> It's just a matter of time...

>> Yes, indeed, there are encouraging signs.
>>
>>> BTW, here's a link to the latest post on The Dog Handler ...
>>>
>>> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.ca/#!/20...pect_7890.html
>>>

>>> Take Care,
>>> Dudley

>> I've read both installments, thus far.
>>
>> John

> I hope you've enjoyed them.
>
> Here's the next one, "Advice About Advice":
> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.ca/#!/20...advice_18.html

I just read that one, too.

> BTW, how is your sister doing?
>
> Has her condition stabilized?
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

No, unfortunately; cancer proved to be a far worse (and fatal)
problem, than her eye disease.

She'd enjoy your canine-related articles, I'm sure.

John