Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: New User-Need-Help

Re: New User-Need-Help

Deborah Piotrowski

print "Game Over"
input("\n\nPress the Enter Key to Exit")
Syntax Error: Invalid Syntax

--
Nicholas J. Piotrowski

John Gordon

In <(E-Mail Removed)> Deborah Piotrowski <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> print "Game Over"
> input("\n\nPress the Enter Key to Exit")
> Syntax Error: Invalid Syntax

You're probably using Python version 3, but the book was written for
version 2. The print statement is handled a bit differently in version 3.

Change your print statement to look like this:

print("Game Over")

(E-Mail Removed) B is for Basil, assaulted by bears