Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: First attempt at a Python prog (Chess)

Re: First attempt at a Python prog (Chess)

Chris Angelico

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Tim Golden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How true. This last time, my team split into two: one half
> to handle the display, the other working on the algorithm. We
> ended up having to draw a really simple diagram on the back of
> an envelope with the x,y pairs written out and pass it back
> and forth as *everyone* kept forgetting which went first.

I'm sorry, I don't follow. People forgot that x comes before y, like
it does in everything algebraic? Or is it that people lost track of
which axis you called 'x' and which you called 'y'?

ChrisA