Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Opening a Asp.net web application...

Opening a Asp.net web application...

srik

Dear All,

I created a simple ASP.net web application on my desktop system, which
has Windows XP as the Operating system.

I then moved the ASP.net application to my server which has Windows
Server 2003 as the Operating system.

Now when I try to open the same application it gives and error

"Visual Studio.net cannot create or open the application. The likewise
problem is that requiered components are not installed on the local web
server. Run Viusal Studio .net set up and add Web Developemnt
components".

I have reinstalled the IIS and then the .net frame work and also the
Visual studio.net 2003 twice still no luck.
Any assistance will be appreciate.

--Srik

DalePres

Make sure that the folder is set as an IIS Application and then try opening
the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322> and running
ASPNET_REGIIS /i

DalePres

"srik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Dear All,
>
> I created a simple ASP.net web application on my desktop system, which
> has Windows XP as the Operating system.
>
> I then moved the ASP.net application to my server which has Windows
> Server 2003 as the Operating system.
>
> Now when I try to open the same application it gives and error
>
> "Visual Studio.net cannot create or open the application. The likewise
> problem is that requiered components are not installed on the local web
> server. Run Viusal Studio .net set up and add Web Developemnt
> components".
>
> I have reinstalled the IIS and then the .net frame work and also the
> Visual studio.net 2003 twice still no luck.
> Any assistance will be appreciate.
>
> --Srik

srik

Thanks for your repsonse.