Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Paris Hiltron: copyright infringement or creative freedom?

Paris Hiltron: copyright infringement or creative freedom?

sobriquet

Where does he get his source images and does he properly license them?

http://imgur.com/a/KFEOj#0

Is this a thief and a parasite who violates copyright on a major
scale or someone who just exercises creative freedom by mixing up
images found online?

http://tinyurl.com/a2dnvwc

Rob

On 11/02/2013 12:57 PM, sobriquet wrote:

> Where does he get his source images and does he properly license them?
>
> http://imgur.com/a/KFEOj#0
>
> Is this a thief and a parasite who violates copyright on a major
> scale or someone who just exercises creative freedom by mixing up
> images found online?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/a2dnvwc

And here's me thinking that Paris Hilton was creative freedom.

sobriquet

On Monday, February 11, 2013 2:57:28 AM UTC+1, sobriquet wrote:
> Where does he get his source images and does he properly license them?
>

> http://imgur.com/a/KFEOj#0
>

> Is this a thief and a parasite who violates copyright on a major
>
> scale or someone who just exercises creative freedom by mixing up
>
> images found online?
>

> http://tinyurl.com/a2dnvwc

Uh.. Planet Hiltron that is. Or actually the photoshop artist Danny Evans.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Planet...998030?sk=info

RichA

On Feb 10, 8:57*pm, sobriquet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Where does he get his source images and does he properly license them?
>
> http://imgur.com/a/KFEOj#0
>
> Is this a thief and a parasite who violates copyright on a major
> scale or someone who just exercises creative freedom by mixing up
> images found online?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/a2dnvwc

Creative freedom, comparing someone with an IQ of 190 to someone with
an IQ of 90.

Tony Cooper

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:56:31 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Feb 10, 8:57*pm, sobriquet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Where does he get his source images and does he properly license them?
>>
>> http://imgur.com/a/KFEOj#0
>>
>> Is this a thief and a parasite who violates copyright on a major
>> scale or someone who just exercises creative freedom by mixing up
>> images found online?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/a2dnvwc

>Creative freedom, comparing someone with an IQ of 190 to someone with
>an IQ of 90.

While I think Paris Hilton is an over-publicized media creation, I
don't recall reading anything about her lack of intelligence.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tony Cooper
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Creative freedom, comparing someone with an IQ of 190 to someone with
> >an IQ of 90.

> While I think Paris Hilton is an over-publicized media creation, I
> don't recall reading anything about her lack of intelligence.

you don't need to read anything. it's quite obvious she's not
particularly bright.

> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

your sig delimiter is broken. it is -- followed by a space.

Tony Cooper

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 23:12:35 -0500, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tony Cooper
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> >Creative freedom, comparing someone with an IQ of 190 to someone with
>> >an IQ of 90.

>> While I think Paris Hilton is an over-publicized media creation, I
>> don't recall reading anything about her lack of intelligence.

>you don't need to read anything. it's quite obvious she's not
>particularly bright.

Were you two on the same airplane or something? Was she one of your
market survey subjects?

You may know something about her that I don't, but then I don't watch
the type of television shows that she's on. Evidently, you do.

>> --
>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

>your sig delimiter is broken. it is -- followed by a space.

It's at your end, pal. My sig drops when others reply. Just to be
sure, I just tested it in a Test newsgroup. Maybe you aren't bright
enough to pick the right newsreader.
--

On Feb 10, 11:08*pm, Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:56:31 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >On Feb 10, 8:57*pm, sobriquet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Where does he get his source images and does he properly license them?

> >>http://imgur.com/a/KFEOj#0

> >> Is this a thief and a parasite who violates copyright on a major
> >> scale or someone who just exercises creative freedom by mixing up
> >> images found online?

> >>http://tinyurl.com/a2dnvwc

> >Creative freedom, comparing someone with an IQ of 190 to someone with
> >an IQ of 90.

> While I think Paris Hilton is an over-publicized media creation, I
> don't recall reading anything about her lack of intelligence.
> --
> Tony Cooper *- Orlando, Florida

Well, Donald Trump did defend her as well.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> While I think Paris Hilton is an over-publicized media creation, I
> >> don't recall reading anything about her lack of intelligence.

> >you don't need to read anything. it's quite obvious she's not
> >particularly bright.

> Were you two on the same airplane or something? Was she one of your
> market survey subjects?
>
> You may know something about her that I don't, but then I don't watch
> the type of television shows that she's on. Evidently, you do.

one need not watch her shows to see that she's not particularly bright.

unless of course, someone is stupider than she is, and then i guess she
would seem smart.

> >> --
> >> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

> >your sig delimiter is broken. it is -- followed by a space.

> It's at your end, pal. My sig drops when others reply. Just to be
> sure, I just tested it in a Test newsgroup. Maybe you aren't bright
> enough to pick the right newsreader.
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

a sig delimiter is two dashes followed by a space. yours does not have
a trailing space. it is not a valid sig delimiter. period.

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3676#section-4.3>
<http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?StandardSigDelimiter>

if your newsreader drops the sig with an invalid sig delimiter, one
that lacks the trailing space, then your newsreader is broken. it's
that simple.

Tony Cooper

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 21:27:37 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2013-02-10 20:40:09 -0800, Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> your sig delimiter is broken. it is -- followed by a space.

>> It's at your end, pal. My sig drops when others reply. Just to be
>> sure, I just tested it in a Test newsgroup. Maybe you aren't bright
>> enough to pick the right newsreader.

>Tony's sig delimiter seems to be working fine on Unison 1.8.1 & MTNW.

I have no idea what nospam.invalid's on about. My sig delimiter works
fine for other people. I see enough replies to my posts to know my
sig's dropping for most people.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida