Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > matplotlib: Help! I need to plot colored regions based on a set of boundaries

matplotlib: Help! I need to plot colored regions based on a set of boundaries

John Crockett

I am attempting to plot the relative sky positions of several Astronomy images I'm studying. I want a set of axes that represent a 2-d projection of the sky (don't want to use polar projection), so my x-axis would be from 0 to 360 (right ascension) and the y-axis from about -35 to 90 (declination).I have the RA and Dec of the edges of each of my images and I want to plot the "image" as a colored rectangle, to-scale on my axes.

How do I give matplotlib instructions to color-in a region of my plot basedon the edges of that region?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Using gnuplot to plot large data set under Windows XP Armin Armbruster Ruby 0 11-11-2008 03:25 PM
need syntax colored text box ali Java 8 01-23-2007 11:55 AM
iterator based plot toton C++ 0 10-28-2006 07:56 AM
Variable size plot symbols, variable hue plot colors in Python (MatPlotLib) ? Dr. Colombes Python 1 02-10-2005 08:49 PM
Need Help Impersonating Across Process Boundaries hoochiegooch@hotmail.com ASP .Net 4 02-07-2005 04:40 PM

Advertisments