Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > grant ASPNET modify access when deploying using Installer in VS

grant ASPNET modify access when deploying using Installer in VS

harry

Hi all

I am using VS.NET 2003 installer to deploy my ASP.NET application. I want
to allow ASPNET write access to some files in subfolders of the
inetpub/wwwroot/myApp/mySubfolder using VS.NET 2003 deploy project. Is there
script or conditions that I have to set in the deployment project's
properties?

I have tried deploying it but could not find where I would grant ASPNET
modify access to the files in the subfolder. I don't want clients to set the
permissions manually.
Thanks
Harry

Scott Allen

Harry:

I think I can give you some general pointers.

You'll need to add a "custom action" to the installer:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tomActions.asp

Inside the action you could run the cacls command line utility that is
part of Windows. Something like:

cacls c:\path /e /t /p domain\useraccount:W

Type cacls from the cmd prompt and it will dump all the parameter
possibilties.

HTH,

--
Scott