Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Zeiss offshoot makes the Leica M9 imaging system

Zeiss offshoot makes the Leica M9 imaging system

RichA

Just not the physical body or lenses.

http://www.jenoptik.com/en-developme...al-photography

Rob

On 10/02/2013 5:33 PM, RichA wrote:
> Just not the physical body or lenses.
>
> http://www.jenoptik.com/en-developme...al-photography

That was of interest in that they are saying it has a Kodak Full frame
sensor. (which are a CCD sensor).

I don't think that I would go back to the CCD sensor.

Me

On 10/02/2013 8:06 p.m., Rob wrote:
> On 10/02/2013 5:33 PM, RichA wrote:
>> Just not the physical body or lenses.
>>
>> http://www.jenoptik.com/en-developme...al-photography
>>

> That was of interest in that they are saying it has a Kodak Full frame
> sensor. (which are a CCD sensor).
>
> I don't think that I would go back to the CCD sensor.

Kodak sensor division was sold a year ago.
The M9 is an obsolete model, replaced my the "M" which uses a European
designed/made 24mp CMOS sensor.

Rob

On 10/02/2013 9:27 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article <kf7gt1$i8a$(E-Mail Removed)>, Rob says...
>> I don't think that I would go back to the CCD sensor.

> What's wrong with CCD sensors? I get the impression that you don't know
> much about sensors.

You work out why. then tell me,

Rob

On 10/02/2013 9:31 PM, Me wrote:
> On 10/02/2013 8:06 p.m., Rob wrote:
>> On 10/02/2013 5:33 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Just not the physical body or lenses.
>>>
>>> http://www.jenoptik.com/en-developme...al-photography
>>>

>> That was of interest in that they are saying it has a Kodak Full frame
>> sensor. (which are a CCD sensor).
>>
>> I don't think that I would go back to the CCD sensor.
> >

> Kodak sensor division was sold a year ago.
> The M9 is an obsolete model, replaced my the "M" which uses a European
> designed/made 24mp CMOS sensor.

Not into Leica cameras always bee too expensive. Customers don't pay for
the brand name which is on the camera, only the acceptable images.

RichA

On Feb 10, 5:31*am, Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 10/02/2013 8:06 p.m., Rob wrote:> On 10/02/2013 5:33 PM, RichA wrote:
> >> Just not the physical body or lenses.

> >>http://www.jenoptik.com/en-developme...es-for-digital....

> > That was of interest in that they are saying it has a Kodak Full frame
> > sensor. (which are a CCD sensor).

> > I don't think that I would go back to the CCD sensor.

> *>
> Kodak sensor division was sold a year ago.
> The M9 is an obsolete model, replaced my the "M" which uses a European
> designed/made 24mp CMOS sensor.

http://www.cmosis.com/news/press_rel...s_image_sensor

Rob

On 11/02/2013 7:28 AM, RichA wrote:

>>> That was of interest in that they are saying it has a Kodak Full frame
>>> sensor. (which are a CCD sensor).

>>> I don't think that I would go back to the CCD sensor.

>> Kodak sensor division was sold a year ago.
>> The M9 is an obsolete model, replaced my the "M" which uses a European
>> designed/made 24mp CMOS sensor.

> http://www.cmosis.com/news/press_rel...s_image_sensor

That should be just enough pixel to get me by for another couple of years.

You would think that if a D3200 has 24Mp on a DX format they should be
able to shove twice that amount on a FF sensor.

But at this stage its the processing power of the cameras which
prohibits this, slowing them down like the old Kodak FF, or D100
cameras, slow as buggery.

PeterN

On 2/10/2013 5:16 PM, Rob wrote:

<snip>

> That should be just enough pixel to get me by for another couple of years.
>
> You would think that if a D3200 has 24Mp on a DX format they should be
> able to shove twice that amount on a FF sensor.
>
> But at this stage its the processing power of the cameras which
> prohibits this, slowing them down like the old Kodak FF, or D100
> cameras, slow as buggery.

Is buggery slower than regular heterosexual sex?

--
PeterN

Rob

On 11/02/2013 9:45 AM, PeterN wrote:
> On 2/10/2013 5:16 PM, Rob wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> That should be just enough pixel to get me by for another couple of
>> years.
>>
>> You would think that if a D3200 has 24Mp on a DX format they should be
>> able to shove twice that amount on a FF sensor.
>>
>> But at this stage its the processing power of the cameras which
>> prohibits this, slowing them down like the old Kodak FF, or D100
>> cameras, slow as buggery.

> Is buggery slower than regular heterosexual sex?

Not sure can you cite some thing.

PeterN

On 2/10/2013 10:52 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:45:16 -0500, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 2/10/2013 5:16 PM, Rob wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>

>>> That should be just enough pixel to get me by for another couple of years.
>>>
>>> You would think that if a D3200 has 24Mp on a DX format they should be
>>> able to shove twice that amount on a FF sensor.
>>>
>>> But at this stage its the processing power of the cameras which
>>> prohibits this, slowing them down like the old Kodak FF, or D100
>>> cameras, slow as buggery.

>> Is buggery slower than regular heterosexual sex?

> It depends on whether or not you are trying to enjoy it.

Must admit. I've never had the urge to be a fudge packer.

--
PeterN