Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Alternatives to Splunk?

Alternatives to Splunk?

sssdevelop

Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
Need tool to analyze the log files..

Rodrick Brown

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM, sssdevelop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
> Need tool to analyze the log files..

This is highly off topic, however I'm using logstash + kibana for my log
analysis.

sssdevelop

Yup - its off topic. I was triggered to write here because Splunk is written in Python. And Python is good at Parsing/Regex.

Thank you for your response about logstash, kibana. I was looking for such tools only - thank you so much.

---sss

On Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:05:57 PM UTC+5:30, Rodrick Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM, sssdevelop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
>
> Need tool to analyze the log files..
>

> This is highly off topic, however I'm using logstash + kibana for my log analysis.*
> *

sssdevelop

Yup - its off topic. I was triggered to write here because Splunk is written in Python. And Python is good at Parsing/Regex.

Thank you for your response about logstash, kibana. I was looking for such tools only - thank you so much.

---sss

On Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:05:57 PM UTC+5:30, Rodrick Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM, sssdevelop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
>
> Need tool to analyze the log files..
>

> This is highly off topic, however I'm using logstash + kibana for my log analysis.*
> *

Matty Sarro

Look up any nosql database. At it's heart that is what splunk is built on.
Or, if you're working with less than 500mb of data a day, just use the free
version of splunk.

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM, sssdevelop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yup - its off topic. I was triggered to write here because Splunk is
> written in Python. And Python is good at Parsing/Regex.
>
> Thank you for your response about logstash, kibana. I was looking for such
> tools only - thank you so much.
>
> ---sss
>

> On Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:05:57 PM UTC+5:30, Rodrick Brown wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM, sssdevelop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> > Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
> >
> > Need tool to analyze the log files..
> >

> > This is highly off topic, however I'm using logstash + kibana for my log

> analysis.
> >

> > --

Steven D'Aprano

sssdevelop wrote:

> Are there any opensource alternatives to Splunk?
> Need tool to analyze the log files..

Is Google blocked where you are?

How about other search engines like DuckDuckGo, Bling, Yahoo, etc? Surely
*some* search engine must work.

If not, I suggest asking on a mailing list for system administration, not
programming languages.

--
Steven

BGP alternatives? SP Cisco 3 09-08-2009 02:32 AM
LEAP & ACS Alternatives N. Hall Cisco 2 05-28-2005 08:31 AM
MS Press 2003 books and alternatives Bill Bixby MCSE 7 04-29-2004 05:52 PM
alternatives to accessing PIX via Telnet Anne Robynn Cisco 3 01-03-2004 08:48 AM
Alternatives when user's browser doesn't accept cookies Robert V. Hanson ASP .Net 2 07-03-2003 03:24 AM

Advertisments