Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: each process only has one main thread ,right ?

Re: each process only has one main thread ,right ?

Cameron Simpson

On 06Feb2013 09:59, Dave Angel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
| The only place I now of where we care whether a particular thread in a
| process is "the main thread" is with a gui, which usually can only sit
| in a single, "main" thread. Any gui-related processing done in other
| threads must be done very carefully.

Single handlers run in the "main thread". So yes, we care if we're
multithreaded.
--
Cameron Simpson <(E-Mail Removed)>

But I have to say, I "non-concur." (Non-concur was a term I learned at
IBM. IBM seemed to be a breeding ground for making up words and
phrases, turning verbs into nouns, etc. "Non-concur" seems to be for
those times when saying "I disagree" just isn't strong enough!)
- Robert D. Seidman <(E-Mail Removed)>