Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Best Practice Question

Re: Best Practice Question

Albert Hopkins

[...]
> By the way, did someone ever notice that r'\' fails ? I'm sure there's a
> reason for that... (python 2.5) Anyone knows ?
>
> r'\'
> SyntaxError: EOL while scanning single-quoted string

"Even in a raw string, string quotes can be escaped with a backslash,
but the backslash remains in the string; for example, r"\"" is a valid
string literal consisting of two characters: a backslash and a double
quote; r"\" is not a valid string literal (even a raw string cannot end
in an odd number of backslashes). Specifically, a raw string cannot end
in a single backslash (since the backslash would escape the following
quote character). " -- python docs

hidden data - best practice, best way, suggestions oldyork90 Javascript 1 09-10-2008 07:46 PM
Best Practice Question Josh ASP .Net 3 06-23-2005 04:35 PM
Best Practice - Question Prince ASP .Net 1 01-19-2004 01:54 PM
best practice question regarding AspState database for sessions Bryan Ax ASP .Net 0 06-26-2003 07:12 PM

Advertisments