Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FireFox Extensions

FireFox Extensions

Robert

I had FF installed on an older computer along with a couple of extensions. I
just got a new computer and re-installed FF but couldn't find the extensions.

I went back to the Mozilla update extensions page but none of the extensions
were there. I think I got them from another page (Moz Dev or something?) but
can't find it/them.

The extensions were a bookmark extension that put a book icon in my toolbar
and allowed opening or closing a box along the left side of the page
displaying my bookmark groupings by clicking it. Can't remember its name.

And I also had one named Cookie Culler which added more control over cookies.

The last was a security extension that put a black and yellow striped lock
icon in the toolbar and allowed me to access a list box with different options
to delete/erase such as browser history etc.

Anyone have an address? Any help or info appreciated. Thanks.

Robert

Chuck

> Anyone have an address? Any help or info appreciated. Thanks.

http://tinyurl.com/2rlhk

http://tinyurl.com/5j5pu

Robert

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Chuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Anyone have an address? Any help or info appreciated. Thanks.

>http://tinyurl.com/2rlhk
>
>http://tinyurl.com/5j5pu

Thank you for these URLs. How did I miss them?

Robert

Leonidas Jones

Chuck wrote:
>>Anyone have an address? Any help or info appreciated. Thanks.

> http://tinyurl.com/2rlhk
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5j5pu

I don't mean to complain, but why would you want to use a tinyurl for:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/

which is already pretty small. (Its a very valuable site, thanks for
suggesting it.)

Indeed even for:

https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

Particularly when the OP already stated that he had been to the Mozilla
Updates page.

My reason for asking is that many people don't like to see unnecessary
timyurls, since there is no way of knowimg where they will take you
before you click. Obviously your motives are good, but someone could
easily insert links to porn sites or whatever, and we innocents would
have no idea of what we were clicking on.

I strongly suggest only using tinyurls when there is a real reason to do
so. Just my opinion.

Lee

Brian

(On 10/18/2004 10:45 PM) Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>
>>> Anyone have an address? Any help or info appreciated. Thanks.

>> http://tinyurl.com/2rlhk
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5j5pu
>>

> I don't mean to complain, but why would you want to use a tinyurl for:
>
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/
>
> which is already pretty small. (Its a very valuable site, thanks for
> suggesting it.)
>
> Indeed even for:
>
> https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
>

> Particularly when the OP already stated that he had been to the Mozilla
> Updates page.
>
> My reason for asking is that many people don't like to see unnecessary
> timyurls, since there is no way of knowimg where they will take you
> before you click. Obviously your motives are good, but someone could
> easily insert links to porn sites or whatever, and we innocents would
> have no idea of what we were clicking on.
>
> I strongly suggest only using tinyurls when there is a real reason to do
> so. Just my opinion.

I agree. FWIW, if you are going to post a tinyurl, one should at least
consider posting or mentioning the original link.

--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Chuck

>> I strongly suggest only using tinyurls when there is a real reason to do
>> so. Just my opinion.

> I agree. FWIW, if you are going to post a tinyurl, one should at least
> consider posting or mentioning the original link.

I agree with your logic. I rarely click onto links that are unknown to me.
99% of my links go to friends, family, etc. in emails, or IM's.

It's just a habit for me now, to automatically right click and make a
shorter url.....

Damn extensions.