Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: [GENERAL] DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint

Re: [GENERAL] DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint

Chris Angelico

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM, Brto d Sra <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> Why do that as a trigger, then? Why not simply call a procedure that
>> generates the value and inserts it?

> Because this must be unknown to whoever makes the call and I'm not
> supposed to expose any detail of what's going on behind the scenes.
> Outsourcing part of sensitive apps also means that you do not want all
> of the outside devs to know all that company X is doing, and how it is
> doing it, sometimes.

Not sure how that prevents a stored procedure from doing an INSERT?

ChrisA

Re-using a simple type definition; with enumeration constraint andwithout enumeration constraint puvit82 XML 4 02-01-2008 03:46 PM
is (!ptr) or (ptr) valid way to check for NULL or NOT NULL? G Fernandes C Programming 9 02-27-2005 03:07 AM
constraint not declared Bart V XML 3 04-23-2004 12:33 PM
Can Not Access Foreign Key Constraint Rajesh Tiwari ASP .Net 0 06-30-2003 02:36 PM

Advertisments