Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: I'm sure I saw it :-)

Re: I'm sure I saw it :-)

Tony Cooper

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:20:07 +1300, Eric Stevens
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
>occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
>TV.
>
>Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
>and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
>coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
>circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
>on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
>which has just won.
>
>Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
>cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
>closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
>one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was ****ed off!

You mean like in this self-portrait?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz0u1m93q8...es-TonyC-1.jpg
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Tony Cooper

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:32:04 +1300, Eric Stevens
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 13:34:13 -0500, Tony Cooper
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:20:07 +1300, Eric Stevens
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
>>>occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
>>>TV.
>>>
>>>Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
>>>and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
>>>coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
>>>circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
>>>on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
>>>which has just won.
>>>
>>>Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
>>>cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
>>>closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
>>>one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was ****ed off!

>>You mean like in this self-portrait?
>>
>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz0u1m93q8...es-TonyC-1.jpg

>Nope. It was bigger than the 'NIKON' on the camera.

That's the standard 52mm factory lens cap in my image. If the logo
you saw was larger, it would be because the lens itself was larger and
took a larger lens cap.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Robert Coe

: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 13:34:13 -0500, Tony Cooper
: ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >
: >>On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:20:07 +1300, Eric Stevens
: >><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >>
: >>>Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
: >>>occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
: >>>TV.
: >>>
[...]

And I'm guessing that you photoshopped that lens cap on, since I don't see the
reflection of another photographer and the other cameras in the picture appear
to be old film cameras unlikely to have gotten that shot. And isn't the word
"Nikon" on the cap too sharp for its surroundings? :^)

Bob

Tony Cooper

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:33:07 -0500, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:43:12 -0500, Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>: On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:32:04 +1300, Eric Stevens
>: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>:
>: >On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 13:34:13 -0500, Tony Cooper
>: ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: >
>: >>On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:20:07 +1300, Eric Stevens
>: >><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: >>
>: >>>Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
>: >>>occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
>: >>>TV.
>: >>>
>: >>>Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
>: >>>and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
>: >>>coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
>: >>>circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
>: >>>on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
>: >>>which has just won.
>: >>>
>: >>>Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
>: >>>cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
>: >>>closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
>: >>>one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was ****ed off!
>: >>
>: >>
>: >>You mean like in this self-portrait?
>: >>
>: >>https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz0u1m93q8...es-TonyC-1.jpg
>: >
>: >Nope. It was bigger than the 'NIKON' on the camera.
>:
>: That's the standard 52mm factory lens cap in my image. If the logo
>: you saw was larger, it would be because the lens itself was larger and
>: took a larger lens cap.
>
>And I'm guessing that you photoshopped that lens cap on, since I don't see the
>reflection of another photographer and the other cameras in the picture appear
>to be old film cameras unlikely to have gotten that shot. And isn't the word
>"Nikon" on the cap too sharp for its surroundings? :^)
>
>Bob

Yes, it was Photoshopped into place, and it was deliberately sharp. I
wouldn't want to create that image and have anyone miss the joke.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida