Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Pack libraries with native libs

Pack libraries with native libs

manuel.dahmen@gmail.com

Hello Java Programmers,

I'm new to this list. I have one question regarding packing application jar with libraries.

So, I have one jar (classes that I've written), and other jars (jogl opengl binding for java) which reffer to native libraries (dll's).

I'd like to pack these jars into ONE runnable jar.

The problem is the native libraries, I can't launch from within the archive.

I can use JEXEPACK which costs $100,00 but I don't have that money available for now.

Is there other solution? An installer? If yes, which should I use?

DAHMEN MANUEL
http://darkfortress.codeplex.com

markspace

On 2/4/2013 2:33 AM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I'd like to pack these jars into ONE runnable jar.
>
> The problem is the native libraries, I can't launch from within the
> archive.

JNLP and Java Web Start with the newer JNLP syntax can launch native
libraries, I believe. I haven't tried it with JOGL specifically, however.

But these don't pack the Jar file so much as just manage it for you. So
I'm not sure how applicable it will be.

Roedy Green

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 02:33:55 -0800 (PST), (E-Mail Removed)

>Is there other solution? An installer? If yes, which should I use?

Java Webstart gives you quite a bit of flexibility packaging native
jars.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law