Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: mySQLdb

Re: mySQLdb

Luuk

On 02-02-2013 11:01, Armin Karner wrote:
> MySQLdb for python versions 3.3 or higher

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MySQLdb+for+pyt...+3.3+or+higher

Michael Torrie

On 02/02/2013 03:19 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 02-02-2013 11:01, Armin Karner wrote:
>> MySQLdb for python versions 3.3 or higher

> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MySQLdb+for+pyt...+3.3+or+higher

Embarrassingly, most of the links on the google search results page are
about people asking the same question as the OP. In fact the first post
is the original poster's question!

It looks like there is a release candidate on github (you can find that
in the google results), but I don't think there's a binary for windows
yet. You'll have to compile it yourself. The third result maybe of use
to you as it talks about an alternative implementation.

Stefan Behnel

Michael Torrie, 02.02.2013 19:29:
> On 02/02/2013 03:19 AM, Luuk wrote:
>> On 02-02-2013 11:01, Armin Karner wrote:
>>> MySQLdb for python versions 3.3 or higher

>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MySQLdb+for+pyt...+3.3+or+higher

> Embarrassingly, most of the links on the google search results page are
> about people asking the same question as the OP. In fact the first post
> is the original poster's question!
>
> It looks like there is a release candidate on github (you can find that
> in the google results), but I don't think there's a binary for windows
> yet. You'll have to compile it yourself. The third result maybe of use
> to you as it talks about an alternative implementation.

Note that it makes no sense to point others to "the third result" of a
Google search because Google tracks who's using it and gives you
personalised results based on your previous interests. So if I tried, my
result even featured a link to github as the first result, I can't tell.

Stefan