Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Class

Python Class

Charles Hoskinson

I'm developing an online course for beginning python programmers starting from basic syntax through object oriented design and GUI. I'd like to include some helpful community resources like Code Academy in the appendix and I was wondering if this community has some particular favorites they would highly recommend?

Steven D'Aprano

Charles Hoskinson wrote:

> I'm developing an online course for beginning python programmers starting
> from basic syntax through object oriented design and GUI. I'd like to
> include some helpful community resources like Code Academy in the appendix
> and I was wondering if this community has some particular favorites they
> would highly recommend?

This is a helpful community resource:

- by email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
- by usenet comp.lang.python

Other useful resources include:

- the tutor mailing list (E-Mail Removed)

- http://code.activestate.com/recipes/

- http://wiki.python.org/moin/

--
Steven

Rodrick Brown

On Friday, February 1, 2013, Charles Hoskinson wrote:

> I'm developing an online course for beginning python programmers starting
> from basic syntax through object oriented design and GUI. I'd like to
> include some helpful community resources like Code Academy in the appendix
> and I was wondering if this community has some particular favorites they
> would highly recommend?

Udacity.com has a nice interactive CS course taught in Python.