Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help: RangeValidator Not Working!

Help: RangeValidator Not Working!

Lucas Tam

Hi all,

I have a RangeValidator that is not working correctly - it is always
returning a isValid = False.

The Javascript is returning this as well as on the server side.

My RangeValidator validators a control called CampaignID. In the debugger
I've verified there is a control called CampaignID and there is a valid set
.... however the RangeValidator still returns not valid.

Does anyone know why on both the client side and server side the range
validator is returning not valid?

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Lucas Tam

Lucas Tam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Hi all,
>
> I have a RangeValidator that is not working correctly - it is always
> returning a isValid = False.
>
> The Javascript is returning this as well as on the server side.
>
> My RangeValidator validators a control called CampaignID. In the
> debugger I've verified there is a control called CampaignID and there
> is a valid set ... however the RangeValidator still returns not valid.
>
> Does anyone know why on both the client side and server side the range
> validator is returning not valid?

I think I figured out why...

I set my maximum value of the range validator to 2^32 = 4294967296
(basically just checking to see if the value is > 0)... but it seem that
4294967296 is too large for the validator and throws a false everytime.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

=?Utf-8?B?S29zdGFkaW4gS29zdG92?=

Maybe you didn't define the validator correctly. Can you give the validator
definition, you use in your code?