Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Acer Aspire Iv5 - Keyboard goes dead intermittantly

Acer Aspire Iv5 - Keyboard goes dead intermittantly

tonyspringer tonyspringer is offline
Junior Member

I have a new Windows 8 (Laptop with touchscreen technology).
At random times the physical keyboard will go dead. Have to reboot to fix it.
Searching the Internet I found a fix that I thought was rather unusual, but it works.
(Actually after more testing, I found that when this happens to the keyboard, the keyboard is not actually dead, but very slow to accept a keystroke. If this happens to you, first type a letter or two. Holding the keys down about 3 or 4 seconds each time and you will find the keyboard is actually still functional. I mention this so that you will know your problem is the same as what I'm trying to describe.

To fix this: Hold the "Shift" key down by itself for up to 30 seconds and you will hear a strange squeak/chirp sound. At that point, the keyboard will be up and running as normal.

Why this happens? I'm still searching... If anyone actually knows the answer - Please let me and everyone know.

Thanks, Tony