Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Opening a new page (i.e., spawning new IE window) via JavaScript kills the Session variable?

Opening a new page (i.e., spawning new IE window) via JavaScript kills the Session variable?

POL8985

When I deploy an ASP.Net onto a customer's IIS 6.0 server, the Session
variable is nuked for any new page opened by JavaScript.

However, this works fine when I am running the ASP.Net in debug mode on
my machine.

Any suggestions?

The JavaScript is:
<script>window.open('../ReportForms/frmReportViewer.aspx','blank_')</script>
Thanks:

Pat

Kevin Spencer

How different browser windows either share or don't share Session state is
dependent upon the browser being used by the client. IOW, it's unreliable.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP