Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Just want a simple setup for a sipgate number to one analogue phone.

Just want a simple setup for a sipgate number to one analogue phone.

brightside S9

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 12:43:47 +0000, Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Thanks for that Woody, and thanks to Graham for his trick with the
>>ADSL filter, it works, and thanks to Bob for his assitance.
>>
>>Dial tone now OK and voice communication calling from a BT line gives
>>clear enough speech both ways.
>>
>>Just one new niggle now. The phone on SIP112 only rings twice (USA
>>style ring, that's OK by me) and then the caller gets the message
>>that "the person you are calling is not available" This is far too
>>short a time to get to the phone.
>>
>>I presume that is something in settings at Sipgate to make this time
>>to keep ringing longer before deciding 'the person you have called is
>>not available'. There's nothing in the configuration manual for the
>>SIP112.
>>
>>Anyone care to give me a clue?

>Log onto your Sipgate account abd check the "call forwarding" options
>under "settings"

What an ace you are kind sir.

I'd found and read the SIP112 Adminstration Guide, found the Regional
Settings, found the Cadence the incoming call was using by altering
the on / off durations and listening to the ring on an incoming call,
but altering the number of seconds for the duration of the call made
no difference. It wouldn't would it, because the forwarding was set
for after 10 seconds. Duh!

Now all I have to do is mount the SIP112 on the wall in the cylinder
cupboard and tidy up the wiring.

''easy to install' Sipgate tells me on its website! No mention of
checking call forwarding!

And I have only found one on-line retailler that mentions that the
RJ11 to BT socket is recommended to be purchased with the SIP112.

Thank you very much.

--
brightside S9

brightside S9

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:04:39 +0000, Nick <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 02/02/2013 12:43, Graham. wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks for that Woody, and thanks to Graham for his trick with the
>>> ADSL filter, it works, and thanks to Bob for his assitance.
>>>
>>> Dial tone now OK and voice communication calling from a BT line gives
>>> clear enough speech both ways.
>>>
>>> Just one new niggle now. The phone on SIP112 only rings twice (USA
>>> style ring, that's OK by me) and then the caller gets the message
>>> that "the person you are calling is not available" This is far too
>>> short a time to get to the phone.
>>>
>>> I presume that is something in settings at Sipgate to make this time
>>> to keep ringing longer before deciding 'the person you have called is
>>> not available'. There's nothing in the configuration manual for the
>>> SIP112.
>>>
>>> Anyone care to give me a clue?

>> Log onto your Sipgate account abd check the "call forwarding" options
>> under "settings"
>>

>Are you sure it is at the Sipgate end. It wasn't clear from the PP if
>the VOIP call connected ok when he picked up quickly. If not I would
>suspect a problem with SIP protocol handshaking.

Yes the call was connected if the handset was picked up quickly
enough.

--
brightside S9

brightside S9

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:27:02 +0000, brightside S9
<address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:

>I'd found and read the SIP112 Adminstration Guide, found the Regional
>Settings, found the Cadence the incoming call was using by altering
>the on / off durations and listening to the ring on an incoming call,
>but altering the number of seconds for the duration of the call made

(above line should have read:-
but altering the number of seconds for the duration of the cadence

--
brightside S9

Anthony R. Gold

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:27:02 +0000, brightside S9
<address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:

> It wouldn't would it, because the forwarding was set
> for after 10 seconds. Duh!

That Call For wading rule was created and installed by whom?

Bob Eager

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:40:28 +0000, brightside S9 wrote:

> Just one new niggle now. The phone on SIP112 only rings twice (USA
> style ring, that's OK by me)

Cadence is easy. Here are the settings. They're in XML because I download
all my settings into my SPAs, but it's obvious what you set to what. Only
the first three ring cadences are really significant - the others are
ones I set for myself.

<!-- Call Progress Tones -->
<Dial_Tone>350@-19,440@-22;10(*/0/1+2)</Dial_Tone>
<Busy_Tone>400@-20;10(.375/.375/1)</Busy_Tone>
<Reorder_Tone>400@-20;10(*/0/1)</Reorder_Tone>
<Ring_Back_Tone>400@-20,450@-20;*(.4/.2/1+2,.4/2/1+2)</Ring_Back_Tone>
<SIT1_Tone>
950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)
</SIT1_Tone>
<MWI_Dial_Tone>350@-19,440@-22;10(.75/.75/1+2)</MWI_Dial_Tone>
<!-- End of Call Progress Tones -->
<!-- Distinctive Ring Patterns -->
<Ring1_Cadence>60(.4/.2,.4/2)</Ring1_Cadence>
<Ring2_Cadence>60(1/2)</Ring2_Cadence>
<Ring3_Cadence>60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)</Ring3_Cadence>
<Ring4_Cadence>60(1.4/3)</Ring4_Cadence>
<Ring5_Cadence>60(0.6/0.2,0.2/0.2,0.2/0.2,0.2/1.4)</Ring5_Cadence>
<Ring6_Cadence>60(0.6/0.2,0.2/0.2,0.6/0.2,0.2/1.4)</Ring6_Cadence>
<Ring7_Cadence>60(0.2/0.2,0.6/1.4)</Ring7_Cadence>
<Ring8_Cadence>60(0.2/0.2,0.2/0.2,0.2/0.2,0.2/1.4)</Ring8_Cadence>
<!-- End of Distinctive Ring Patterns -->
<Ring_Waveform>Sinusoid</Ring_Waveform>
<Ring_Frequency>25</Ring_Frequency>
<Ring_Voltage>70</Ring_Voltage>
<CWT_Frequency>400@-10</CWT_Frequency>

brightside S9

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 14:13:13 +0000, "Anthony R. Gold"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:27:02 +0000, brightside S9
><address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
>
>> It wouldn't would it, because the forwarding was set
>> for after 10 seconds. Duh!

>That Call For wading rule was created and installed by whom?

Graham.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:27:02 +0000, brightside S9
><address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
>
>> It wouldn't would it, because the forwarding was set
>> for after 10 seconds. Duh!

>That Call For wading rule was created and installed by whom?

Do Sipgate configure the CF to go to VM by default? I can't remember.

I do remember their default VM announcement was utterly dire.

Graham.

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:27:02 +0000, brightside S9
<address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 12:43:47 +0000, Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>>Thanks for that Woody, and thanks to Graham for his trick with the
>>>ADSL filter, it works, and thanks to Bob for his assitance.
>>>
>>>Dial tone now OK and voice communication calling from a BT line gives
>>>clear enough speech both ways.
>>>
>>>Just one new niggle now. The phone on SIP112 only rings twice (USA
>>>style ring, that's OK by me) and then the caller gets the message
>>>that "the person you are calling is not available" This is far too
>>>short a time to get to the phone.
>>>
>>>I presume that is something in settings at Sipgate to make this time
>>>to keep ringing longer before deciding 'the person you have called is
>>>not available'. There's nothing in the configuration manual for the
>>>SIP112.
>>>
>>>Anyone care to give me a clue?

>>Log onto your Sipgate account abd check the "call forwarding" options
>>under "settings"

>What an ace you are kind sir.
>
>I'd found and read the SIP112 Adminstration Guide, found the Regional
>Settings, found the Cadence the incoming call was using by altering
>the on / off durations and listening to the ring on an incoming call,
>but altering the number of seconds for the duration of the call made
>no difference. It wouldn't would it, because the forwarding was set
>for after 10 seconds. Duh!
>
>Now all I have to do is mount the SIP112 on the wall in the cylinder
>cupboard and tidy up the wiring.
>
>''easy to install' Sipgate tells me on its website! No mention of
>checking call forwarding!
>
>And I have only found one on-line retailler that mentions that the
>RJ11 to BT socket is recommended to be purchased with the SIP112.
>
>Thank you very much.

The last one I bought came from the Far East, so I was quite pleased
it came with a British power plug.

brightside S9

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 01:22:57 +0000, Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 14:13:13 +0000, "Anthony R. Gold"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:27:02 +0000, brightside S9
>><address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> It wouldn't would it, because the forwarding was set
>>> for after 10 seconds. Duh!

>>That Call For wading rule was created and installed by whom?

>Do Sipgate configure the CF to go to VM by default? I can't remember.
>
>I do remember their default VM announcement was utterly dire.

The explanation of why the call was forwarded to VM after the two
rings (US style) is indicated in my original post.

I have had the Sipgate number for several years, there has never any
use of the number for voice to voice communication until I installed
the SIP112 in the last few days.

The Sipgate number was purely used for voice messages to voicemail and
then forwarded to me by email. I was advised by the 'users' of the
service that they like to hear ringing tone on their phone before
being swtiched to VM. Hence the Call Forwading was set to switch
after 10 seconds, rather than immediately. The need and use of
this VM to email ceased a couple of years ago and since then the
Sipgate number has been unused.

Thus when I installed the SIP112 I had completely forgotten about Call
Forwarding.

--
brightside S9