Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to right click a photo to send to Google reverse image search

How to right click a photo to send to Google reverse image search

Joe Mastroianni

Where can I find a freeware application to send a photo to Google Reverse
Image Search by right clicking on the photo in Firefox?

One can install the free TinEye Reverse Image Search extension
into Firefox, which adds a new right-click context menu to send pictures
to TinEye for verification.

Likewise, there is a free Alan Raskin Exif Viewer which extracts and
displays EXIF information when right clicking on a photo in Firefox.

Q: Is there a similar Firefox extension that sends the photo to Google
Reverse Image Search?

Craig

On 01/28/2013 08:47 AM, Joe Mastroianni wrote:
> Where can I find a freeware application to send a photo to Google
> Reverse Image Search by right clicking on the photo in Firefox?
>
> One can install the free TinEye Reverse Image Search extension into
> Firefox, which adds a new right-click context menu to send pictures
> to TinEye for verification.
>
> Likewise, there is a free Alan Raskin Exif Viewer which extracts and
> displays EXIF information when right clicking on a photo in Firefox.
>
> Q: Is there a similar Firefox extension that sends the photo to
> Google Reverse Image Search?

John Muir wrote one:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...arch-by-image/

haven't tried it.

--
-Craig

sobriquet

On Monday, January 28, 2013 6:00:12 PM UTC+1, Craig wrote:
> On 01/28/2013 08:47 AM, Joe Mastroianni wrote:
>
> > Where can I find a freeware application to send a photo to Google

> > Reverse Image Search by right clicking on the photo in Firefox?

> > One can install the free TinEye Reverse Image Search extension into

> > Firefox, which adds a new right-click context menu to send pictures

> > to TinEye for verification.

> > Likewise, there is a free Alan Raskin Exif Viewer which extracts and

> > displays EXIF information when right clicking on a photo in Firefox.

> > Q: Is there a similar Firefox extension that sends the photo to

> > Google Reverse Image Search?

> John Muir wrote one:
>

> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...arch-by-image/
>

> haven't tried it.
>

> --
>
> -Craig

Or for chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...gccjpmnglmnflm

Usenet Account

On 28/01/2013 11:47 AM, Joe Mastroianni wrote:
> Where can I find a freeware application to send a photo to Google Reverse
> Image Search by right clicking on the photo in Firefox?
>
> One can install the free TinEye Reverse Image Search extension
> into Firefox, which adds a new right-click context menu to send pictures
> to TinEye for verification.
>
> Likewise, there is a free Alan Raskin Exif Viewer which extracts and
> displays EXIF information when right clicking on a photo in Firefox.
>
> Q: Is there a similar Firefox extension that sends the photo to Google
> Reverse Image Search?

Firefox has:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...e-my-pictures/

Google Chrome has:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nmpiklalfhelgf

--
This space intentionally left blank.

Joe Mastroianni

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:52:33 -0500, Usenet Account wrote:

> Firefox has:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...e-my-pictures/

Wow. That was great! Way more than I had expected. Thanks!

Who-stole-my-pictures wins overall, since it contains BOTH TinEye and
Google Reverse Image Search - and - as a bonus, adds yandex.ru to the
mix, all at the same time!

Danny D.

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 01:50:28 +0000, Joe Mastroianni wrote:

> Who-stole-my-pictures wins overall, since it contains BOTH TinEye and
> Google Reverse Image Search - and - as a bonus, adds yandex.ru to the
> mix, all at the same time!

Here are some related URLs:

http://araskin.webs.com/exif/exif.html (exif viewer)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-image-search/