Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird : Mark Message Default Action

Thunderbird : Mark Message Default Action

Kev

Hi

I'm using Thunderbird 0.8 and have the "Mark Messages" button on my
toolbar. In the dropdown list from this button there is a tick next to
"As read" that sets the default action to marking just the current
message as read. Does anyone know how I can change the default action
to "All read" as just clicking on it doesn't change it?

TIA

--
Kev
Brighton UK

Moz Champion

Kev wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using Thunderbird 0.8 and have the "Mark Messages" button on my
> toolbar. In the dropdown list from this button there is a tick next to
> "As read" that sets the default action to marking just the current
> message as read. Does anyone know how I can change the default action
> to "All read" as just clicking on it doesn't change it?
>
> TIA

If you want to mark an entire thread 'Read' then use the R key
the entire thread is marked read

If you want to mark the entire newsgroup read then use the
Message-->Mark-->All Read menu selection

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org