Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: OT: The latest on LASERs and Aircraft

Re: OT: The latest on LASERs and Aircraft

chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk@gtempaccount.com

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 19:18:37 UTC, the Legend of LAX wrote:
> On 1/23/2013 7:26 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>
> > The latest news on LASERs and aircraft.

> > This time it resulted in an arrest. The law provides for a maximum

> > sentence of 5 years, but we will have to see what happens in Court.

> > <

> > http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...ne-4218600.php

> We had a rash of these last year or so, one or two a week for a while.
>
> Almost all resulted in arrest. Seems silly to do it to a police chopper.
>
> One guy claimed he was teaching his son astronomy.

I have certainly heard of (or maybe seen on TV) astronomy lecturers using them to point things out. With all the publicity/paranoia, the police would probably have pounced even if he hadn't pointed the laser anywhere near them, much as anyone using a camera in the street nowadays risks being questioned.

Chris