Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: OT: The latest on LASERs and Aircraft

Re: OT: The latest on LASERs and Aircraft

RichA

On Jan 23, 10:26*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:
> The latest news on LASERs and aircraft.
> This time it resulted in an arrest. The law provides for a maximum
> sentence of 5 years, but we will have to see what happens in Court.
> <http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...er-CHP-plane-4...
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

Maybe the helicopters shouldn't be flying where a 1-2 second gap in
vision represents a major danger?

RichA

On Jan 24, 9:24*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2013-01-24 17:33:23 -0800, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

> > On Jan 23, 10:26 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
> > wrote:
> >> The latest news on LASERs and aircraft.
> >> This time it resulted in an arrest. The law provides for a maximum
> >> sentence of 5 years, but we will have to see what happens in Court.
> >> <http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...er-CHP-plane-4....

> >> --
> >> Regards,

> >> Savageduck

> > Maybe the helicopters shouldn't be flying where a 1-2 second gap in
> > vision represents a major danger?

> Tell that to the single TV station (KGO-TV) helicopter covering an
> officer involved shooting. The other aircraft was a CHP fixed wing
> Cessna 206.
>
> Note: the CHP plane was at 3,500 ft. and the helicopter at 1,000 ft.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

I don't think the guy should get off Scott-free, morons who do these
things deserve what they get.
However, there is a lot of exaggeration regarding the effect of these
incidences.

Whisky-dave

On Friday, January 25, 2013 4:28:18 PM UTC, George Kerby wrote:
> On 1/24/13 7:33 PM, in article
>
> b5bf7758-9020-4db7-81ce-6762f78eb3c0...oglegroups.com, "RichA"
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 23, 10:26�pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>

> > wrote:

> >> The latest news on LASERs and aircraft.

> >> This time it resulted in an arrest. The law provides for a maximum

> >> sentence of 5 years, but we will have to see what happens in Court.

> >> <http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...er-CHP-plane-4....

> >> --

> >> Regards,

> >> Savageduck

> > Maybe the helicopters shouldn't be flying where a 1-2 second gap in

> > vision represents a major danger?

> Have you ever had anyone fire a strobe in your face in a dark room? It AIN'T
>
> a 1-2 second event, for sure!

Surely you mean darkroom in this NG

me

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:00:05 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2013-01-25 01:50:38 -0800, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> Tell that to the single TV station (KGO-TV) helicopter covering an
>>> officer involved shooting. The other aircraft was a CHP fixed wing
>>> Cessna 206.
>>>
>>> Note: the CHP plane was at 3,500 ft. and the helicopter at 1,000 ft.

>> I don't think the guy should get off Scott-free, morons who do these
>> things deserve what they get.
>> However, there is a lot of exaggeration regarding the effect of these
>> incidences.

>...but then you haven't experienced a LASER cockpit intrusion on
>landing approach. So you tell those pilots that they are exaggerating.
>
>< http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lasers_and_aviation_safety >
>< http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011...1/laser_092611 >

Who NOT to shine a laser at?

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/07/va-b...ning-laser-jet

me

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:33:08 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2013-01-25 10:01:34 -0800, me <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:00:05 -0800, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> ...but then you haven't experienced a LASER cockpit intrusion on
>>> landing approach. So you tell those pilots that they are exaggerating.
>>>
>>> < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lasers_and_aviation_safety >
>>> < http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011...1/laser_092611 >

>> Who NOT to shine a laser at?
>>
>> http://hamptonroads.com/2012/07/va-b...ning-laser-jet

>Yup! A classic case of taking a ...er LASER pointer to a gunfight.
>
>...but Rich says those pilots are exaggerating, and who should know
>better regarding these things than Rich.

Well Rich can visit Mr Bruce in federal prison or if he really doesn't
believe the pilot's side of the story can help him pay his U$4k fine.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/10/beac...ing-laser-jets

PeterN

On 1/25/2013 3:53 PM, me wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:33:08 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-01-25 10:01:34 -0800, me <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> Who NOT to shine a laser at?
>>>
>>> http://hamptonroads.com/2012/07/va-b...ning-laser-jet

>> Yup! A classic case of taking a ...er LASER pointer to a gunfight.
>>
>> ...but Rich says those pilots are exaggerating, and who should know
>> better regarding these things than Rich.

> Well Rich can visit Mr Bruce in federal prison or if he really doesn't
> believe the pilot's side of the story can help him pay his U$4k fine.
>
> http://hamptonroads.com/2012/10/beac...ing-laser-jets

Maybe Mr. Bruce considers himself a reincarnation of the Earl of Carrick.

--
PeterN