Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Parse a Wireshark pcap file

Re: Parse a Wireshark pcap file

Dave Angel

On 01/22/2013 10:15 PM, Kevin Holleran wrote:
> Thanks, I have been trying to get it to work but I am on Mac OS 10.8.2. I
> tried to get it from Macports and download/install it myself. Both seem to
> get me to here:
>
> ImportError: No module named dnet
>
> I tried to download libdnet but no matter what I do this is what I get.
> Granted I am doing;
>
> from scapy.all import *
>

> But I have no idea what I need. I am not trying to craft packets but
> filter packets based on tcp.dstport 80 & frame matches signin.aspx. Then
> my goal is to parse the data looking for post vars txtUserId & txtPwd and
> extract them, dumping them to the screen as userid_value => password.

I've never worked on Mac OSx And the only times I had and used scapy
were on a work machine that's long gone. I still run Linux, but
versions of everything have changed since then.

I don't know if there's anyone here that's more current with scapy
and/or with Mac, but in case there is, you could be lots clearer about
what you're doing and how it fails.

Version of OS. You said that well.
Version of Python,.
Exact location you got scapy from, what version it was
How you installed it (I don't know Macports, clearly)
What the full traceback was when it died.

--
DaveA