Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > A Look At The Advantages and Drawbacks of XML

A Look At The Advantages and Drawbacks of XML

Richard Tobin

In article <kdpns3$2ovr$(E-Mail Removed)>, I wrote:

>I've mailed Liquid Technologies in the hope that they are unaware of
>the methods being used to advertise them. I'll let you know how they
>respond.

.... and they have replied saying they have "raised this as an issue
with our SEO company, so hopefully this will not be repeated".

-- Richard

Guy

"Denis McMahon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kdp8st$1fn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:30:39 +0000, Richard Tobin wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> mike myers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>Finally, commercial XML tools such as
>>>http://www.liquid-technologies.com/...

>> You'd think a commercial company would be able to afford higher quality
>> spam.

snip

You'd think a commercial company would be able to afford a proof reader.

I don't expect a tech to know how to spell but I see almost 10 errors.

http://www.liquid-technologies.com/xml.aspx

Peter Flynn

On 01/22/2013 10:16 PM, Peter Flynn wrote:
> On 01/22/2013 08:28 AM, mike myers wrote:
>> XML means Extensible Mark-up Language

> [snip]
>
> I have emailed the sales contact addresses from the website of
> Liquid Technologies bringing this to their attention.

I too had a reply from them, saying exactly the same as Richard
received. At least they took the time to reply: at a guess it will be
the last we hear from them, but perhaps they will have removed the shill
their "SEO company" hired.

On 01/22/2013 10:29 PM, Richard Tobin wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Peter Flynn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I am assuming that this individual was hired by a marketing agency
>> who failed to carry out any checks on the credentials of the
>> individual before allowing them to damage the credibility of the
>> company.

> That would be the charitable explanation. But you'd think they would
> have noticed by now.

Not really. Marketing people are notoriously blind to technological error.

> There are also dozens of similar blog articles under other names
> such as "Tony Hardacre" and "Miccheal[sic] Dupre", all with links to
> the same company.

He's obviously just a dickhead trying to make himself a fake name as a
writer. Exactly the kind of person who can con marketing people into
paying them, alas...

///Peter

Richard Tobin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Peter Flynn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>but perhaps they will have removed the shill
>their "SEO company" hired.

But that's what SEOs do. However much they deny it, search engine
optimisation *means* generating bogus links - that is, ones whose
purpose is just to boost the page rank. This SEO employee was just
incompetent at hiding the fact that he was doing it.

-- Richard

drawbacks of linux munni C Programming 9 02-10-2006 09:40 AM
drawbacks of linux munni C Programming 1 02-08-2006 11:44 AM
drawbacks of linux munni C Programming 0 02-08-2006 10:19 AM
Are there drawbacks to Cookieless Sessions Logician ASP .Net 6 09-19-2005 04:09 AM
ENCTYPE="Multipart/Form-Data" Any Drawbacks? Lucas Tam ASP .Net 2 07-15-2004 07:45 PM

Advertisments