Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Vote tallying...

Re: Vote tallying...

Lie Ryan

On 20/01/13 08:22, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 22:58:17 +1100, Lie Ryan <(E-Mail Removed)>

>> Which is the same restriction as when using XML/JSON. What it means by
>> locking the entire database is that an sqlite database can only be
>> read/written by a single program at any moment in time. For batch

> Actually, SQLite3 will happily permit multiple readers (or did, the
> newest version may have a new locking scheme). However, the first
> connection that seeks to write will block as long as open readers are
> active, yet will also block /new/ readers. When the open readers close,
> the write can complete, and then new readers can enter. Conclusion:
> ensure that even read-only operations have a "commit" operation to close
> them

You're correct. For more precise description of what sqlite can or
cannot do with respect to concurrency, see
http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5.

As far as I know, dbm does not support concurrencies at all, and neither
does xml unless you put a lot of efforts into implementing your own file
locking and all.

Vote for the October Scapegoat!!! bigal The Lounge 228 10-19-2005 09:11 AM
To U all who didn't vote for Bush! This message link is for U! Tron2004 MCSE 2 11-04-2004 01:44 PM
[OT] Vote for Me! JaR MCSE 52 09-10-2004 01:22 PM
OT: violence mars India vote Vigo Breadcrumbs MCSE 21 04-20-2004 10:58 PM
Vote this java2d bug -> 4916948 Michele Puccini Java 0 09-19-2003 12:49 PM

Advertisments