Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Re: [Q] How can I create a binary-distribution?

Re: [Q] How can I create a binary-distribution?

zuckzooey@yahoo.com

Your question is older than me.

ccc31807

On Jan 19, 12:06*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Your question is older than me.

I tried to do this, and finally decided to use C.

Perl is a great language, I use it every day. But one job to which
it's NOT suited is the creation of stand along executables.

If you need one of those, use C. If it's a larger project or you need
graphics, use Java. If you have a client/server environment, use Perl/
CGI (or similar). If you are in Windows World, use VS. Using Perl for
this purpose is a lot like buying a Toyota to drive to Jamaica on your
vacation -- perhaps a great idea once you solve the problem of driving
underwater.

CC.