Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JFrame animation

JFrame animation

bob smith

Is there a way to change the animation that occurs when a JFrame is displayed?

Right now, the frame starts at the upper left corner and grows to full size.

Stefan Ram

bob smith <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Is there a way to change the animation that occurs when a JFrame is displayed?
>Right now, the frame starts at the upper left corner and grows to full size.

I am not aware of such a Java feature. (But I am no Swing
expert.) May be this is an OS feature. In this case, it can
be changed in the OS. (Or, by changing the OS.) Otherwise,
one might explore the L&F used or the platform-specific
Swing/AWT code.

See also:

comp.lang.java.gui

John B. Matthews

In article <(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de (Stefan Ram) wrote:

> bob smith <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >Is there a way to change the animation that occurs when a JFrame is
> >displayed? Right now, the frame starts at the upper left corner and
> >grows to full size.
> >

> I am not aware of such a Java feature. (But I am no Swing
> expert.) May be this is an OS feature. In this case, it can
> be changed in the OS. (Or, by changing the OS.) Otherwise,
> one might explore the L&F used or the platform-specific
> Swing/AWT code.
>
> See also:
>
> comp.lang.java.gui

If you change to javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel in the manner
prescribed in the example cited below, you can resize the window by
dragging along any edge. See also setDefaultLookAndFeelDecorated().

<http://tips4java.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/uimanager-defaults/>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Roedy Green

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:07:20 -0800 (PST), bob smith
who said :

>Is there a way to change the animation that occurs when a JFrame is displayed?
>
>Right now, the frame starts at the upper left corner and grows to full size.

that is probably something you configure in Windows. Click
personalisation in the control panel.

When I discover such things I document them at
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/windows7.html

If it is not there, please tell me where you find it so I can document
it.
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Joerg Meier

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 23:34:58 -0800, Roedy Green wrote:

> When I discover such things I document them at
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/windows7.html

Roedy, you have posted plenty of dumb things in your near-constant barrage
of advertisements to your page, but that collection is by far the dumbest
thing you have ever posted. I'm honestly speechless at so much glaring
misinformation and nonsense. If you just deleted that entire page, you
would do yourself a favour.

Joerg

ungelesen.

Roedy Green

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:44:56 +0100, Joerg Meier <(E-Mail Removed)>

>Roedy, you have posted plenty of dumb things in your near-constant barrage
>of advertisements to your page, but that collection is by far the dumbest
>thing you have ever posted. I'm honestly speechless at so much glaring
>misinformation and nonsense. If you just deleted that entire page, you
>would do yourself a favour.

I am not about to do that. I quite happy to correct any errors on the
page just because a stranger asked me to.

I am not aware of any errors on that page. Please elaborate.
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Arne Vajhøj

On 1/20/2013 3:55 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:44:56 +0100, Joerg Meier <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Roedy, you have posted plenty of dumb things in your near-constant barrage
>> of advertisements to your page, but that collection is by far the dumbest
>> thing you have ever posted. I'm honestly speechless at so much glaring
>> misinformation and nonsense. If you just deleted that entire page, you
>> would do yourself a favour.

> I am not about to do that. I quite happy to correct any errors on the
> page just because a stranger asked me to.
>
> I am not aware of any errors on that page. Please elaborate.

If you remove the facts that are wrong and all your personal opinions
then it will be a very short article.

"Microsoft’s desktop operating system released 2009-10-22 to replace Vista."

It was released July 22nd not October 22nd.

"It requires reasonably modern hardware, with a Direct-X video card."

Actually DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.

"Windows 7 reminds me of the ad teasing Ma Bell for refusing to innovate
and instead concentrating on painting telephones. It is a little less
cluttered than Vista, but basically it seems the same."

So you are surprised that version 6.1 is very similar to
version 6.0. You may be, but you should not.

"New machines come with the 64-bit version of Windows 7 pre-installed.
This is the most important change."

Many does but not not all. And besides they ship with Windows 8 now.

"If you choose 32-bit, you need 32-bit Windows 7 drivers for all your
peripherals."

Vista drivers often work.

"If you have more than 3 Gb of RAM (Random Access Memory), you will want
the 64-bit version. Otherwise you won’t be able to use the RAM above 3 GB."

Actually somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5 GB depending on PCI devices.

That was just the first 10-15 lines.

Arne

Roedy Green

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:55:42 -0800, Roedy Green
someone who said :

>If you just deleted that entire page, you
>>would do yourself a favour.

>I am not about to do that. I quite happy to correct any errors on the
>page just because a stranger asked me to.

What I meant to say is that page represents many days of work. I am
not about to discard it without evidence it is hopelessly flawed.
Since I use the page myself when I have windows troubles, I don't
think it is. I am not about to toss all that work just because some
stranger on the net asked me to. I am however eager to correct errors
and make improvements.

If you were serious, not just playing ego games, you should have no
trouble pointing out a few specific errors to illustrate your
contention.

On 1/21/2013 1:05 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:55:42 -0800, Roedy Green
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
> someone who said :
>
>> If you just deleted that entire page, you
>>> would do yourself a favour.

>> I am not about to do that. I quite happy to correct any errors on the
>> page just because a stranger asked me to.

> What I meant to say is that page represents many days of work. I am
> not about to discard it without evidence it is hopelessly flawed.
> Since I use the page myself when I have windows troubles, I don't
> think it is. I am not about to toss all that work just because some
> stranger on the net asked me to. I am however eager to correct errors
> and make improvements.
>
> If you were serious, not just playing ego games, you should have no
> trouble pointing out a few specific errors to illustrate your
> contention.

I pointed you to approx. one error per two lines in the first
sections.

Arne