Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275W

Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275W

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Pure Overclock have reviewed the Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275W:

Quote:
"With the lure of dual graphics cards and wonderfully overclocked processors, we understand the need for more efficient power supplies that offer more horsepower, and oftentimes those in the kilowatt+ range. Units in this segment are strong enough to power the most demanding systems, and the need for stable power is critical when dealing with rigs that likely have components worth thousands of dollars.

We’ve seen 80Plus Bronze certified units become the absolute minimum requirement for modern systems; in fact, they’re nothing to brag about. Silver and Gold rated units have become more popular and commendable, but of late we’ve started seeing a few more 80Plus Platinum certified power supplies, and today we’re looking at one from Thermaltake: the Toughpower XT Platinum 1275W.

It’s a rather stealthy aesthetic, but good looks and nice features will only get you so far though, as performance is what matters in the end. Coming with a price tag of $290, the Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275W certainly brings a premium price tag, but does it have the top performance to match? Let’s find out."
You can read more here.